“Mold, rat poo, and a funky chair.”
Review of Stay Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Denver
Stay Inn
Ranked #127 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Gainesville, Florida
“Mold, rat poo, and a funky chair.”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

A few friends and I decided to find a cheap hotel in Denver after a week long camping trip in Utah. Anything had to be more comfortable than sleeping in a tent in below zero temps, right? Wrong. The minute we stepped into the room we were overwhelmed by an indescribable stench, sort of a mix between B.O. and old food, but worse. A quick look around revealed a giant bubble of mold hanging over the tub, a staggering amount of rat turds on about every surface, and a chair that was coated with about an inch of some crusty white funk. We stood in the room for about two minutes, none of us willing to sit or even put our stuff down before we decided to get out. Of course the manager was gracious and apologetic and immediately refunded our money......NOT. The woman at the front desk seemed livid at us for having the nerve to point out the squalor that her hotel indeed was. She told us that as soon as we signed the bill we forfeited our money and "there was nothing she could do". Stay out of the Stay Inn, at all costs. There is a Quality Inn next door, spend the extra money, it is easily worth avoiding this nightmare of a hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank J_R082011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Denver
Reviewed 26 January 2009

This was my second time staying at Stay Inn, Denver because my first experience was okay. However it is my last time as well since I woke the next morning to find seven itchy, painful bites on the right side of my body. Although it appeared and smelled like the room had been cleaned. There was something lurking in the bed!!!!!!!!!

Stayed January 2009
2 Thank sunbeam102001
Halifax N.S.
Reviewed 13 June 2008

Not only did the bed take up %80 of the floor space in the room but the massive hair in my tub was not pleasant and I think the night Janitor checked me inn. I was scared. Dont walk run from this place.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Bigshot1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Comfort Inn
#81 of 157 in Denver
The Timbers Hotel
#104 of 157 in Denver
Stapleton
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Stapleton

Been to Stay Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK