“Nice and Quiet, Polite Staff For the Most Part” 3 of 5 bubbles

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Ranked #41 of 150 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado
“Nice and Quiet, Polite Staff For the Most Part”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is just a tiny bit dated. It is, however, very clean. The restaurant, bar and Starbucks are nice with standard high prices on some of the food. However, the sandwich bar at 9.95 since is not a terrible deal and you get a sandwich that is difficult to finish in a single sitting.

The reason I gave it three stars was that it is somewhat dated (although under renovation which means it improving), the beds and bedding are not comfortable or nice, one of the front desk persons was "snippy" and refused to answer questions about conference set up. Instead of saying she wasn't equipped to answer the questions she quipped that she had already answered several questions of others attending and I should go ask some of them.

The breakfast buffet is nice, but overpriced at $15. The elevators are tiny.

The A/C and heater in the room was not working properly and made the temperature uncomfortable. The television remote needed new batteries and nobody had checked to do this.

They did, however, bring a new battery right away.

Overall, the hotel is affordable at 107 a night, but just okay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ICHermes
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear ICHermes -

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us this month. I always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially when there are some things that need my attention. I was glad to see you enjoyed our Mile High Deli Sandwich and Wake Up DoubleTree Breakfast while you were with us - both very popular options with our guests. And you are quite correct that we are renovating. We're completely remodeling all guest bathrooms - and they're fabulous - as well as updating our guestrooms; we just completed new lobby furnishings and flat-screen TV's in all our rooms. An exciting time for us and for our guests, too, I hope. However, there was no excuse for less than the friendliest possible attitude from our staff. Please be assured I have spoken to our Front Desk Manager about the DoubleTree by Hilton philosophy of warm, caring customer service. I hope you'll come back soon to see our improvements!

Allen Paty, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I am currently checked into the Doubletree Denver. I must admit...when I first pulled up I wasn't sure. I had checked the TripAdvisor comments and that was what encouraged me to keep going. As SOON as I walked in I was warmly greeted by an incredible staff. My front desk check in could not have been more welcoming. This location seems to be a VERY genuinely happy place to work. I even rode the elevator up with a staff person delivering room service and she was almost singing... :)

I agree. The property is absolutely older but well maintained. The hallways are very dimly lit. And the linens have certainly run their course. However, the rooms are adequate. I am on business travel and know that I can always count on Doubletree for consistency. I am not disappointed in that regard.

I also agree the restaurant is a bit pricey...but no worries. There is certainly food within an 8 minute radius.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear 2Sweet from Texas -

I was so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. I'm particularly proud of our friendly staff. It's not only a great place to stay but also to work. We're in the middle of several renovation and improvement projects, including all new bed linens. Also completely new bathrooms and we've started on our guestrooms as well. I appreciate your feedback about the hallways - our guests' comments are important to us when we decide where to spend our improvement dollars. I look forward to your next trip to Denver and the DoubleTree by Hilton!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

I must say we travel a lot and 9 out 10 times we will stay at a Hilton brand hotel, this is the reason. The service here was just fabulous. We were picked up at the airport right on time and I was shocked there was no charge since it is about a 25 minute trip to the hotel. When we arrived John at the front desk made sure to take his time, tell us all about the hotel and make sure all of our questions were answered. We flew in just for the night to see the Steelers game and did not have much time in Denver so he made sure to touch on all the important stuff. He gave us a fantastic room with a moutain and city vew since we had never been to the area and made sure we had everything we needed for a quick but wonderful stay. After the game we decided to come back and eat at Charecters since we were still in our Steeler gear and figured we wouldn't be welcomed at some of the other establishments in town and the service in the bar was great too. We would have gone out on the town but after we saw how rude and foul some of the Bronco fans were to Steeler fans leaving the stadium we figured the hotel bar was a safe bet. The young man who waited on us was great, I think it was his first day and his name was Beau. We had a few beers and ordered food to go up to our room. Food was good no complaints. I would stay at this hotel again if we ever decided to go back to Denver for some reason. Thank you to all the Doublertee staff for making us feel so welcomed!

Room Tip: Top Floor Mountain and City View is Great!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Dear Tucson Steelers Fan -

It was our pleasure to be your host hotel when you came for the game! At the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver love all our guests, no matter what sports team they root for. In fact, we have regulars from all over the country stay with us to cheer on their teams when they're in town. We're particularly proud of our friendly staff and superior shuttle service so I will be sure to pass along your great remarks. I hope you come back to Denver and stay a while next time. We're very conveniently located to many of the best sights Denver has to offer - plus that wonderful view from our rooms. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton last weekend - we're the Traveler's Reward.

Keller, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I have stayed at this Doubletree many times and can always expect a pleasant stay here. The beds are very comfy and the staff has always been very responsive to anything we needed. The only drawback I read before staying here was the height of the shower heads. And they are somewhat low, which might be in issue for tall people. But we were told by staff when we stayed over the holidays that they are about to start renovating the bathrooms. There is a beautiful view of downtown Denver and the Rockies from the upper floors. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Sara -

We were delighted to have you back at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver again last month! We truly value our loyal customers and appreciate any feedback you have for us. You heard correctly from our staff that we've completely renovated our guest bathrooms and I have to say, they're fabulous. We also completed some other projects such as upgrading our pool / courtyard area, new flat screen TV's and public area carpet; and we're about to start guestroom remodeling. I hope you come back soon to check out our progress and improvements. Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver and we look forward to your next visit.

Regina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights as our base for the Denver Area. Rooms are very nice, clean and modern. Remainder of property is only slightly dated but very clean and comfortable. Used the good size pool and outdoor hot tub. Restaurant was a nice surprise with a very good selection and tasty food. Did not use the shuttle services but the lot was full of them.

We mainly went shopping while in Denver and there is plenty within a couple of miles of the hotel. It was also very easy to get to the Zoo, Cherry Hill and around to the Outlets at Castle Rock and Colorado Mills.

Plenty of very nice places to eat all within a few blocks of the hotel also. We usually stay at Hilton hotels and for the price of this it is very good value. Loved it had free wifi and lots of parking.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dgs127
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Dear Visitor From Regina -

I was delighted to read about the wonderful time you had in Denver and that the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver was an ideal base for your visit. As you noted, we have a lot of shuttles going to and from the airport so if you ever fly to Denver, keep our first-rate transportation system in mind. As well, we're in the process of quite a few renovation projects around our property to update some of those areas that need attention. I'm glad you enjoyed the pool - it's one of our recently completed projects. I look forward to your next visit and hope you will once again choose the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver as your Travelers Reward.