“Watch for hidden fees!!”

The Westin Denver Downtown
Ranked #29 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salina, Kansas, United States
“Watch for hidden fees!!”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed at the Westin Downtown Hotel during a recent business convention and was stuck with $258 in hidden "Banquet" fees for my 3 day stay. I would never stay there again. Dave Rose

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Dave R
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Dave,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I have brought your comments to the attention of our Director of Catering/Conference Services regarding the banquet fees incurred during your stay. He, or I, would definitely welcome the opportunity to interact with you more personally should you wish. Please feel free to e-mail me directly at travis.faust@westin.com or julie.rhodes@westin.com.
Julie Rhodes, Executive Assistant to Tom Curley, Area Managing Director
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Norman,OK
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Check in was easy. Everyone was very friendly. The room was comfortable. I had a nice view of downtown and the mountains. However, the place definitely could use some repairs. There was some rusty plate hanging down from the ceiling in the bathroom that likely goes to the air conditioning unit. There were long black hairs on my sink basin. The toilet seat had not been cleaned as there were spots on it likely from the previous guest. I called the manager and he promptly sent someone up and they took care of it. I felt the manager wasn't as ashamed as he could have been but he definitely addressed the situation. Overall not a bad place at all. Would likely give it another try. My rate was very good. I think I paid around $150 per night with a room upgrade.

• Stayed April 2012
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Rbaron721,
I am so sorry your recent experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would like to investigate more thoroughly your maintenance concerns as we do have a very intensive preventative maintenance program and I am alarmed that these items missed our engineering teams’ inspection. If you are comfortable doing so, please feel free to e-mail me directly at julie.rhodes@westin.com. Once again, I am so sorry that these things happened to you and hope to speak with you soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I typically stay at Westin hotels, and the Denver property doesn't disappoint. The standard branding is nice and the rooms and beds are consistent. Clean, friendly, pleasant. Nice location (for me) as my Denver office is across the street. Restaurants are nice as well.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear rcorrao,
Thank you for your feedback. It is nice to hear that the atmosphere at the Westin Denver Downtown and the room furnishings met your expectations. We also agree; this is a wonderful hotel with a great location close to many of the restaurants and attractions Denver has to offer. We hope to see you again the next time you have business in Denver.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have stayed at many Westins, and this was pretty similar to most in that it was clean, the people were friendly, and it was affordable. There was nothing over the top to make me want to go back to this one in particular. There was also nothing bad that would make me not go back. The one thing that I was not a fan of was the over abundance of signage about the NCAA tournament. I know its a big deal to them, but as someone that is not there for that, it was a bit much (I also was asked several times if I was there for the tournament, which I was not). So again, it wasn't neccessarily a bad thing, just a personal preference.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This was our first visit to Denver, staying downtown at the Westin. There were a number of choices for hotels in the area, but we chose the Westin because of the combination of a good room rate and our previous experiences with Westin's in other cities.

We weren't disappointed with our choice. This is a wonderful property, large, clean, comfortable rooms, a convenient location with excellent service from the entire staff, including the front desk and housekeeping. There was complimentary coffee and juice in the lobby which was a nice touch, also a Starbucks on the ground floor of the property for a quick morning pick up.

Location wise it was perfect for our visit, which was to tour the University of Colorado at Denver campus. It was very close to the campus, also a short walk to the 16th Street Mall area with its many shops and restaurants. The free bus service running along 16th Street was great, just hop on and off wherever you need to go, all the way to the Capital if required. There were many good restaurants nearby to choose from and one of our best meals was in the hotel itself, at the Palm Steakhouse, a branch of the famous Palm of New York City.

All in all this was a great choice and we would not hesitate to stay here if we ever visit Denver again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Vacation Planner,
I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience here during your visit to tour The University of Colorado at Denver! This kind of feedback is so great to share with our team to encourage them every day. Thanks again for the time you took to post and share your positive experience with us. Hope to see you again the next time you visit Denver.