The Westin Denver Downtown
US$ 117
  • Breakfast included
US$ 207
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$ 198
US$ 183
US$ 149
  • Restaurant
1,485 results
All reviewspalm restaurantheavenly bedstreet mallgreat locationclock towerlower lobbybasketball courtlarimer squarewithin walking distancecoors fieldself parkrooftop poollobby barunion stationfree busroom was spaciousvalet parking
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Check in was easy. Everyone was very friendly. The room was comfortable. I had a nice view of downtown and the mountains. However, the place definitely could use some repairs. There was some rusty plate hanging down from the ceiling in the bathroom that likely goes to the air conditioning unit. There were long black hairs on my sink basin. The toilet seat had not been cleaned as there were spots on it likely from the previous guest. I called the manager and he promptly sent someone up and they took care of it. I felt the manager wasn't as ashamed as he could have been but he definitely addressed the situation. Overall not a bad place at all. Would likely give it another try. My rate was very good. I think I paid around $150 per night with a room upgrade.

• Stayed: April 2012
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Rbaron721,
I am so sorry your recent experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would like to investigate more thoroughly your maintenance concerns as we do have a very intensive preventative maintenance program and I am alarmed that these items missed our engineering teams’ inspection. If you are comfortable doing so, please feel free to e-mail me directly at julie.rhodes@westin.com. Once again, I am so sorry that these things happened to you and hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I typically stay at Westin hotels, and the Denver property doesn't disappoint. The standard branding is nice and the rooms and beds are consistent. Clean, friendly, pleasant. Nice location (for me) as my Denver office is across the street. Restaurants are nice as well.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear rcorrao,
Thank you for your feedback. It is nice to hear that the atmosphere at the Westin Denver Downtown and the room furnishings met your expectations. We also agree; this is a wonderful hotel with a great location close to many of the restaurants and attractions Denver has to offer. We hope to see you again the next time you have business in Denver.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have stayed at many Westins, and this was pretty similar to most in that it was clean, the people were friendly, and it was affordable. There was nothing over the top to make me want to go back to this one in particular. There was also nothing bad that would make me not go back. The one thing that I was not a fan of was the over abundance of signage about the NCAA tournament. I know its a big deal to them, but as someone that is not there for that, it was a bit much (I also was asked several times if I was there for the tournament, which I was not). So again, it wasn't neccessarily a bad thing, just a personal preference.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This was our first visit to Denver, staying downtown at the Westin. There were a number of choices for hotels in the area, but we chose the Westin because of the combination of a good room rate and our previous experiences with Westin's in other cities.

We weren't disappointed with our choice. This is a wonderful property, large, clean, comfortable rooms, a convenient location with excellent service from the entire staff, including the front desk and housekeeping. There was complimentary coffee and juice in the lobby which was a nice touch, also a Starbucks on the ground floor of the property for a quick morning pick up.

Location wise it was perfect for our visit, which was to tour the University of Colorado at Denver campus. It was very close to the campus, also a short walk to the 16th Street Mall area with its many shops and restaurants. The free bus service running along 16th Street was great, just hop on and off wherever you need to go, all the way to the Capital if required. There were many good restaurants nearby to choose from and one of our best meals was in the hotel itself, at the Palm Steakhouse, a branch of the famous Palm of New York City.

All in all this was a great choice and we would not hesitate to stay here if we ever visit Denver again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Vacation Planner,
I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience here during your visit to tour The University of Colorado at Denver! This kind of feedback is so great to share with our team to encourage them every day. Thanks again for the time you took to post and share your positive experience with us. Hope to see you again the next time you visit Denver.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

The hotel is situated right in the middle of downtown. Really great location for walking around and visiting shops and eateries. The hotel is definitely a generic business hotel. The carpets appear a bit worn, and the bathroom also could use a more thorough cleaning. Overall, the property was good, but as Westin's go, I felt like it was average.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business