The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #22 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Booked Mother's Day Brunch 3 months ago for May 2012. The Brown Palace called us to inform us it now had to move us to an overflow room on the second floor. We explained that we had booked the brunch weeks ago and been assured we would be in The Ellington Restaurant, which also has the live jazz music. Their response was that they were sorry but that is now the best they could do unless we were willing to come in after 2:00. This is not the first time The Brown Palace has chosen profit over service. This will be the last time we book anything at The Brown Palace. Shame on them.

Room Tip: The new Four Seasons is lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth M
Thomas G, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

The Mother’s Day Brunch is a hotel wide event featuring live entertainment in three separate venues accompanied by an elaborate culinary experience and fantastic service.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Mother’s day Brunch at the Brown Palace is a very popular event and I am wretched that we did not understand your preference when the initial reservation was made. I strongly believe that I can be of assistance and personally cater to you, your mother and family.

Please contact me, at your convenience tgutmann@brownpalace.com,

Best Regards,
Thomas Gutmann

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I love a hotel with character; the Brown Palace is loaded with it! Every detail of this property screams class, from the iron work to the light fixtures to the old-fashioned floor dial above the elevators. The beds and bathrooms are ultra modern, the service is first rate and the restaurants are excellent. I especially liked the fact that the hotel still gets its water from the well dug right outside in the 1890s. The Brown Palace is unique, gracious and an absolute classic hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jomo44
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

We are delighted to know you enjoyed several of the unique and timeless architectural aspects of The Brown Palace. As we complete property enhancements over the years, we are careful to maintain the integrity of the original design and structure of this historic landmark.

We are also very proud of our artesian well water, which you have mentioned, that has been providing the hotel with the purest water from the Arapahoe Aquifer for over 100 years!

It also gave me great pleasure to read that our staff had provided you with top-notch service and that you had enjoyable experiences in our dinng outlets.

We hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again very soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We chose the Brown Palace for a night in Denver before heading out to the mountains. It is the perfect choice. The hotel offers every modern comfort in an atmosphere that feels like you stepped back in time 100 years. The interior is absolutely beautiful and extremely well maintained.

We were concerned when we checked in that the noise from the lobby would travel up through the atrium and be annoying later in the evening,but that wasn't a problem.

Unlike some older hotels, the room was very comfortable and the bathroom luxurious. We went for a moderately priced room, not the high end, and we had enough space, and even a little seating area next to the window. Showers updated with tile and plenty of hot water from two shower heads (a long hot shower is a requirement for me to give any hotel a top rating).

And check out the cigar bar. Yes, it is smoky, but has a very western feeling.

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is tired of comfortable but predictable Marriotts, Westins, etc.

Parking was $30 for the night. If i did it again I'd get a shuttle to the hotel and pick up the car on day 2 when i really needed it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had Sunday brunch @ the Brown Palace. It was wonderful. The food was fresh, the selections were great. I would suggest everyone go and have a wonderful experience. Ask for Mimi she was terrific

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Last week I spent two nights on the 8th floor of the Brown Palace Hotel. Of all the hotels I have stayed in, this is without doubt, one of my favorites. It has old-time charm and elegance that the newer, big-box hotels just can't touch. The bellman was extremely helpful with directions and seemed to be omnipresent in the lobby. Both the Ship Tavern and Palace Arms restaurants were very good, with the Palace Arms ranking near the top of my all-time dining experiences.

Several minor housekeeping items prevent me from a 5-star ranking. First, there was a bar of used soap that had been left in the shower stall. A pack of opened cigarettes had been left in the desk. My in-room coffee maker did not work correctly and was not replaced until my second night (in the Hotel's defense, they did provide a complimentary carafe of coffee to compensate for the coffee maker). And, a minor detail but nonetheless overlooked was the fact that no bath mat was left for the second day shower stall.

All in all though, a very good hotel experience. I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 8th and 9th floors are quieter than the floors below as they used to be private apartme...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

We are delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and are grateful for your gracious remarks regarding the hotel facilities and services.

It was especially rewarding to know that we rank as one of the top hotels you have visited and that your dining experience at Palace Arms was second to none. It also gives me great pleasure to know our staff were accommodating and pleasant throughout your stay.

I am very disappointed to know, however, that we did miss the mark in several areas of our Housekeeping service. Please accept my sincere apologies and be assured that this is not the level of service that we strive for. Your feedback will be shared with the respective team and reinforced with the staff.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and providing you with the five-star experience I know we are capable of!