The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #22 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We chose the Brown Palace for a night in Denver before heading out to the mountains. It is the perfect choice. The hotel offers every modern comfort in an atmosphere that feels like you stepped back in time 100 years. The interior is absolutely beautiful and extremely well maintained.

We were concerned when we checked in that the noise from the lobby would travel up through the atrium and be annoying later in the evening,but that wasn't a problem.

Unlike some older hotels, the room was very comfortable and the bathroom luxurious. We went for a moderately priced room, not the high end, and we had enough space, and even a little seating area next to the window. Showers updated with tile and plenty of hot water from two shower heads (a long hot shower is a requirement for me to give any hotel a top rating).

And check out the cigar bar. Yes, it is smoky, but has a very western feeling.

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is tired of comfortable but predictable Marriotts, Westins, etc.

Parking was $30 for the night. If i did it again I'd get a shuttle to the hotel and pick up the car on day 2 when i really needed it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had Sunday brunch @ the Brown Palace. It was wonderful. The food was fresh, the selections were great. I would suggest everyone go and have a wonderful experience. Ask for Mimi she was terrific

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Last week I spent two nights on the 8th floor of the Brown Palace Hotel. Of all the hotels I have stayed in, this is without doubt, one of my favorites. It has old-time charm and elegance that the newer, big-box hotels just can't touch. The bellman was extremely helpful with directions and seemed to be omnipresent in the lobby. Both the Ship Tavern and Palace Arms restaurants were very good, with the Palace Arms ranking near the top of my all-time dining experiences.

Several minor housekeeping items prevent me from a 5-star ranking. First, there was a bar of used soap that had been left in the shower stall. A pack of opened cigarettes had been left in the desk. My in-room coffee maker did not work correctly and was not replaced until my second night (in the Hotel's defense, they did provide a complimentary carafe of coffee to compensate for the coffee maker). And, a minor detail but nonetheless overlooked was the fact that no bath mat was left for the second day shower stall.

All in all though, a very good hotel experience. I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 8th and 9th floors are quieter than the floors below as they used to be private apartme...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

We are delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and are grateful for your gracious remarks regarding the hotel facilities and services.

It was especially rewarding to know that we rank as one of the top hotels you have visited and that your dining experience at Palace Arms was second to none. It also gives me great pleasure to know our staff were accommodating and pleasant throughout your stay.

I am very disappointed to know, however, that we did miss the mark in several areas of our Housekeeping service. Please accept my sincere apologies and be assured that this is not the level of service that we strive for. Your feedback will be shared with the respective team and reinforced with the staff.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and providing you with the five-star experience I know we are capable of!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

The high tea is lovely. Serving includes small sandwiches,desserts, and the most heavenly scones. Tea choices are excellent, but not too many choices for iced tea. Service is very good, but had to request water for the table.
The atmosphere is perfect. You are in the center of the hotel and look all the way to the ceiling that is stained glass. All the rooms are in a quadrangle surrounding the lobby. High Tea costs range from $32.00 to $40.00 to start. If you order cocktails it will be extra.
This is perfect for a large group or small. Couples,friends,and children. Be sure to make a reservation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I've lived in the Denver metro area for over 20 years, and I've always wanted to stay at the Brown Palace. I had been to visit in the past for afternoon tea and for brunch, but still had a yearning to stay in one of the rooms. So when it came time to choose a vacation destination this year, I chose to stay in town. Furthermore, I chose to stay at the Brown. A friend flew in from out of state, and we both got rooms. We started our luxurious stay with a smooth check-in transition, much earlier than expected. We arrived around 12:30 for a one o'clock afternoon tea reservation, utilized the valet service, and were able to check in right away! My room was the "Top of the Brown", and it was indeed the top of everything! We enjoyed afternoon tea -- so decadent! Then we had massages down in the spa and enjoyed champagne and snacks as part of that experience. There was turn-down service and music playing in my room when I arrived back for the night. That evening, I enjoyed a luxurious bath in my huge bathtub. The next morning, we enjoyed the brunch at the Palace Arms. The whole experience was perfect in every way! The only regret I have is that I didn't indulge in the butler service. Sigh. The hotel definitely lived up to its reputation. Well worth the time and money!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends