Magnolia Hotel Denver
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$ 131
US$ 195
US$ 166
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$ 158
Hampton.com
US$ 464
US$ 333
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$ 357
US$ 317
US$ 143
US$ 293
Travelocity
2,834 results
All reviewscookies and milkfireplace suiteharry's barhappy hourstreet mallwalk in closetbeer and winecocktail hourfree breakfastvalet parkinglight railseparate bedroomgreat downtown locationoatmealvalet serviceconvention centercoors field
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed for three days and the room was basic but nice. I extended my stay an additional 3 days and the front desk stepped up and were able to upgrade me to an amazing suite (#1270). It was by far the best hotel stay I’ve ever had. The room is fabulous but it’s the sincere kindness and helpfulness of the staff that made me come to the decision that anytime I’m in Denver I will stay at the Magnolia. A special thanks to front desk associate Destini for going above and beyond.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Jason H, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello AspenAsh,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review and the recognition for one of my team members! I have shared your feedback with my team to continue to drive that kind sincere service you were able to experience. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for one night on a work trip. The lobby and the location are very interesting and nice. The location is right downtown and very close to a walking strip of malls and restaurants. I booked this hotel because it's a Starwood property and I wanted the points.
This is a historic property so above the entrance it's pretty much the original building that was first built in downtown Denver. With that said - the rooms are small, the elevator is small and the hallways are small and windy. My room was just OK, a bit dated and kind of yuck. There was a piece of gum (or something that looked like gum - sticky, old and beige) stuck on the wall in the bathroom and another one in the bedroom. The heat was very, very loud and rattled. It was hard to hear myself think when I turned the heat on. My room had a weird architecture to it with a hallway and then the closet and bathroom in opposite corners. I think this is part of the old building.
Anyway, I only stayed one night but I was yucked out by the place. The property was acquired by Starwood a few years ago. I actually was picked up in Lyft by someone who used to work there before the acquisition and she mentioned that it had started to go downhill in the last few years. Location good but would not book again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank nycbuttercup

Greetings nycbuttercup,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am so sorry that you experienced cleanliness issues during your visit with us and that it impacted your overall stay. We definitely are a unique boutique hotel with great location and we really enjoy our historic charm that many people comment about. In reference to the Lyft driver, I could not disagree more as we have a team that really enjoys working here every day and takes great pride in taking care of our guests. I have shared your comments with my team to continue to inspire them more and to emphasize how important every detail and interaction is so very vital to our guests. Once again, thank you very much and we hope to see you again so we can show you a better stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thanks to the entire staff at Magnolia, my experience was really amazing. Right from a free complimentary upgrade to a King Suite, to a bottle of Champagne in the room as a surprise. They were extremely caring and understanding of my requests. The amenities in the hotel are great too. The small unique touch of cookies + Milk is great. You walk in after a busy day and can eat a fresh Chocolate chip cookie - makes the day!

I cannot emphasize more, but go to Magnolia, if you want a good hotel experience and not the routine service hotel stuff.

Room Tip: Always mention to the team, couple of days in advance if you have a special event coming up - like birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank rohan m

Hello rohan m,

Thank you very much for sharing your amazing hotel experience and also for staying with us. I am so happy to read and share your fantastic comments with my team! The caring and understanding that you experienced is truly our goal with every guest interaction. I am also happy you enjoyed one of our suites along with the fresh chocolate chip cookies and milk. Once again, thank you and please come see us again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband booked me a room at the Magnolia to do something sweet for me when I had to fly to Denver for an emergency.
Unfortunately, staying at th Magnolia was anything but nice and relaxing. Once I checked in at the front desk and left the lobby, everything went wrong. I had to call maintenance up to my room several times within the first 2 hours and hotel staff also had to come to my room because the room hadn’t been stocked with the basics, such as soap. It was frustrating because I was exhausted and just wanted to take a bath and get some rest, but I had to get up over and over again to let hotel staff into my room.
Then I ordered room service- a medium rare steak - which arrived well done, not just a little over done, but cooked all the way through. When I called the room service again, they were of course polite and apologetic, but by the time the order was prepared again, I was too tired too eat it. I had literally spent the entire evening calling down about problems I had and opening the door for hotel staff to come address them.
To be clear, I was not being high maintenance nor demanding, these were simple things that should have been in place, such as a stopper for the drain in the bathtub so that I could take a bath.
The bed was comfortable, so that was nice, but for the Magnolia Hotel, we expected a nice, relaxing evening, not having to call five times for basic maintenence.
When I checked out in the morning, they were very kind and apologetic about my stay. I was told that I would not be charged for the room service because I did not eat any of it and that they would refund our points (we are SPG members and we’re staying on points) due to all of the mishaps. However, several weeks later when we noticed that we had not been refunded, we called them back and were told that they would not be refunding our stay and they were “sorry for the miscommunication” that they would be issuing a refund.
It was bad enough that a hotel as nice as the Magnolia is supposed to be would make so many mistakes on the most basic of details, but to offer a refund and then refuse to follow through on their offer is just beyond poor customer service.
Very, very disappointing. I advise customers to stay away from this hotel until they have time to address their issues. As of right now, the hotel is very subpar.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Julio E, Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jaelin,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am very sorry to hear you had such a negative experience. And I apologize for the inconvenience with our housekeeping, maintenance and food issues. We have shared your issues with our leadership team, so we can address these concerns.
If you would like to discuss your comments any further, please feel free to contact me directly at 303-607-1212 or jescobar@magnoliahotels.com

I hope we the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Julio Escobar
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned for a 4 night solo stay at the Magnolia for a conference. Location is excellent if you are to attend an event at the Colorado convention center. The hotel is on 17th street and Stout, and the convention center is on 14th street, so, only 3 blocks away, you can see it when you come out of Stout! Beautiful BIG room, my room was facing the inner courtyard (where the valets are), not much of a view but quiet as it wasn't facing the street (which was noisy because of the trains). The bathroom is beautiful, everything was very clean and new. What made the big difference for me was the little things: the gym was well equipped (even had complimentary headphones!), DELICIOUS milk and cookies in the lobby at 8PM, delicious coffee until 12 and always nice, cold citrus-infused water at the reception. The man who checked me in at 1h30 AM even remembered me 3 days later as I was heading out for my 6AM conference!
It's a an older building with beautiful upgrades so don't expect shiny and bright.
They also have a Go Green program which I totally agreed to! I got a 5$ voucher for the restaurant (Harry's - very good) for every night I was staying in exchange for not having housekeeping cleaning my room everyday, which was fine by me, since no one picks up after me daily at home! Obviously, if I needed them to empty my trash or change my towels, they would come and give me what I needed, but only if I requested me. I found this was a GREAT idea. The only thing would be to add a recycling bin in our room... but that's about the only complaint I had!

Room Tip: Room 179 faced the inner courtyard, quiet
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Greetings workhardtravellots,

Thank you so much for the outstanding review and for staying with us! I am so glad that you enjoyed the beautiful big room and that you loved the charm of our boutique hotel. I have to agree with you on the milk and cookies and the delicious infused water that is offered in the lobby. I also love that you were able to Go Green with our Make a Green Choice program during your visit. All in all, thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.