“Very Spacious”
Review of The Timbers Hotel

The Timbers Hotel
Ranked #109 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I booked a room through Airport Accommodation for a great price of $69 when my flight was canceled. I chose Timbers because their airport shuttle ran the latest. When I called the hotel for the shuttle, the lady was very friendly and told me where to wait. The shuttle was a little deceiving because it doesn't actually say Timbers on it. Also it took more than 20 minutes to get to the hotel partly because of the blizzard and also because the shuttle stops at one other hotel.

The check in lady was decent but obviously tired. I was impressed by the room, especially since I did not know that all the rooms were suites. Definitely too big for just me lol. The room was very clean and spacious. I would definitely come here again if my family was with me. The bed was nice and comfy too.

One puzzling thing happened. The fire alarm went off in my room and I don't know why. I'm guessing it was because of the toaster or maybe the heater, but it gave me a mini heart attack.

The shuttle started at 4am. I asked for a wake up call at 3:30am. The call was a little late but I had my cell phone alarm set anyway. Overall, I think I would have enjoyed the stay more if I wasn't so anxious about my flight.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

I got to the hotel at 1 am after a long day,and have never seen service like this. I have worked in the service industry for a long time and I travel a lot but not seen any thing like this. When I got to the hotel the guest service agent (who by the way did not have uniform on or a name tag) told me she didn't have a reservation for me and didn't even bother to help to resolve it. I had made my reservation through a 3rd party website and had already pre-paid, but she told me she can give me a room for a charge and kept playing on the computer.Her whole explanation was "she has already rolled the date for audit and there was nothing she can do", which I don't see how that is my problem since my reservation was guaranteed for a late arrival. Since I already paid for a hotel there was no way I was gonna pay again. So I called Hotwire and explained the situation. The nice lady at Hotwire called the hotel while I was on hold and talked to the front desk lady, who was soo rude talking on the phone. Finally the Hotwire agent resolved the Issue. The point of the matter is, a hotel guest service agent to my knowledge should do anything to resolve issues that come from their side of the end instead of giving guests attitude. A guest should never have to deal with such things.
Everything else for my stay was good. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. However because of the unprofessional-ism I witnessed at check in I will never stay at this hotel nor will I recommend it. (stayed December 17th )

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Ruth G
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I loved this place. I arrived and the front desk was very welcoming. In the front area, there was great antler chandelier and antler lamps with a roaring fire. Plus lots of cowboy, CO, and native american art pieces.

Room was big and the bed was SO COZY! Loved the pillows and comforter.

Ate dinner at the restaurant and had a steak salad. Reasonable price and very good.

Breakfast was the big surprise. Omelet bar, bacon, homefries, along with the fruit, yogurt, and cereal options.

Staff was nice, bed was cozy, free wifi, and great breakfast. Absolutely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank M V
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I was looking for a suite for an all day meeting so late chack out, room service, near the airport and a shuttle were all a part of the requirements.

After checking with a number of Denver airport area hotel my Admin came across The Timbers.

They had everything the list didn;t charge extra for a 4:00 check out and they included a free breackfast and not a dry roll and watery OJ - how about a made to order omlette.
It may not be facny but they make up for it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I arrived to the hotel and was not told i could not have guest over so i had a few friend come by and then was told they had to leave. the guest service was extremely bad and rude. ILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends