“Lunch venue”

Ranked #28 of 3,044 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: What are your first three food and drink related visits when you head to your hometown? What do you order? Fried Clams from Kelly's? Supreme Sauce from Raynor's? A slice from Joe's? A take out order of a green-chili cheeseburger from The Owl Cafe? Maybe it's that hot dog from Pink's or those sticky ribs from Thelma's. Or do you head home for a bowl of Mom's chicken soup and brisket? We return to these classic spots for the comfort, the subtly unique flavor, the consistency, the familiarity, and the memories of both the food and the experience. Only one place can set the standard for certain foods. Lovers of food have their own "greatest hits collection." We yearn for that blissful moment that uses the powers of food, smell, sight, taste, and memory to take us to a happy place; that after school hangout, the corner deli, the pizza place and sometimes even Mom's kitchen. Steuben's is named after a restaurant in Boston that my Great Uncles, Max and Joe, opened in 1945. Steuben's became a famous Boston restaurant, nightclub, and hotspot from the 1940's to the 1960's on Boylston Street. The Vienna Room, The Cave, and The Blue Room were all part of the Steuben's space and hosted Big Band, Jazz, and Swing groups with The Rat Pack, Proms and Sweet Sixteens and more. In its prime, Steuben's was the center of the Boston dining and nightlife scene. Steuben's, Denver, is a restaurant that respects the history of its name and the core ingredients of the American Regional classics we have attempted to recreate. These dishes are America's cuisine and American's interpretations of the dishes of our diverse cultural heritage. We have enjoyed the endless debates, opinions, stories, research, consultations and food memories that have led us to the opening version of the Steuben's menu. Eat at Steuben's. Take-Out from Steuben's. Drink at Steuben's. Feel at home, in Denver, at Steuben's.
Denver, Colorado
“Lunch venue”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Old building, vintage signage, bar lunching, traditional American fare menu with a twist. Mussels and chorizo caught my eyes as did a few other items. Assorted vinaigrettes for salads, this place was reminiscent of older NY deli. Really liked it and the Maker's Mark old fashioned the bartender was stirring and serving in champagne coupes looked amazing. I understand they have a food truck as well.

• Visited May 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Boca Raton, Florida
“FUN FUN”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We had great food and wonderful drinks- had a moscow mule and friends had the big fish bowl of a drink. We all enjoyed our meals (party of 10) - we sat outside which was great. It's a busy place but worth the wait. I would put on my list of places to go when going to Denver again.

Visited April 2012
Traveling
“Denver comfort food”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I give Stuben's an A+ for effort.
The concept , atmosphere, and service are all very good.
The food is full of comforting choices, like fried chicken, meatloaf, and mac n cheese. Everyone I know LOVES this place.
I am a true southerner, and personally I find their food to be more greasy and bland than I do comforting. If you are looking for authentic, this isn't it.
The food is a good value for the money, and if you are a Colorado Native you won't even know what's missing.
Bottom line , I would eat at Stuben's again. I just wish there was somewhere to get real homestyle cooking in Denver

Visited April 2012
Denver
“Simple/not so simple fare”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I love to take out of town visitors here. It's pretty inexpensive, and there is lots of comfort food (think meat loaf and mashed potatoes) as well as some unusual (at least for me) choices - crispy brussels sprouts comes to mind. Parking can be a problem, this place is so popular crowds can be problematic, best to go during odd hours. And they have take-out!

Visited March 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Go for the cocktails!”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Old school cocktails served classically, and some really delicious food make this place a nice start to the evening...or afternoon if you're a teacher like me and my cousin and it's summer time!

Visited August 2011