“Ribeye to die for!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 3,310 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays “sizzling” hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in Denver, Colorado!
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

If you like ribeye steak or filet, don't miss the Ruth's Chris in Denver. You will get the finest steak you ever put in your mouth with butter and cooked to perfection. Share the large side portions and enjoy the RC tradition. Expensive but worth every penny.

Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Let me highlight the positives first. The food was amazing. Three of us dined and had the filet, the lobster tail and filet combo, and the seafood tower. All were delicious. Now for the not so great news. Service was slow. Expected a lot more attention with a less than full dining room. Pet peeve, chandeliers above were dirty. Had dust or something in the inside which was plainly visible from below. Location was great but it's competition was close enough to warrant better ambiance. I will applaud the manager on duty that night for assisting two young ladies who had made steak temperature mishaps. That was very accomodating. Also a last minute reservation, and let me say the hostess was on point!

Reviewed 5 July 2015

We have rarely been disappointed when dining at Ruth Chris. During our trip to Denver, we had dinner there and it was very good, although it started off with a loaf of stale bread, which was quickly replaced. My filet was perfectly cooked, while my wife enjoyed her Caesar salad and spinach side. The service was briskly professional. While there was no “wow factor”, we enjoyed the quiet and understated elegance of this restaurant after some not-so-great experiences at other Denver establishments.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

This was a surprise for my birthday on vacation and I could not be more pleased. Emily was our server and provided just the right balance between 'perky' and 'professional'. The table was decorated for my birthday and I felt special the whole time. The food is marvelous and made it a wonderful night.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

Let me start by saying that my husband and I have visited many Ruth's Chris locations during our travels. In fact we like Ruth's Chris Steak House so much that we try to plan a dinner at one at some point in each of our vacations. Needless to say we are very familiar with the menu, food quality and service expectations of this company. The Denver location was by far the worst experience we have ever had at a Ruth's Chris.

We had booked our reservation for May 10, 2015 at least 2 months prior to our arrival. it was Mother's Day so we expected the restaurant to be busy. We arrived at approximately 6:50 PM for our 7:00 PM reservation. To our surprise there was only one other couple waiting to be seated ahead of us. We were dressed in clothing slightly above the business casual dress code that is listed as the standard. I was wearing a dress and my husband dress pants with a collared button down shirt. The other couple was seated at the same time that we were. One hostess took them to the main dining room and our hostess escorted us to the bar. Ok....they had tables but it was certainly not as nice as the main dining room. The tables in the bar had no tablecloths (they gave you two napkins...one which served as a "placemat" for your hot plate) and my husband had to brush breadcrumbs off of his seat before he sat down. Everyone else in the bar area was dressed like you would to go to a bar...jeans, tops, boots. We felt very out of place and overdressed to be in this area....let alone that it certainly had lost the "specialness" of the dinner already. However, we figured that the dining room must be busy....it was Mother's Day after all so we stayed where we were and decided to try to make the best of it. (That was our first mistake!)

We were given menus when we were seated.....and then we sat....and sat. No one acknowledged us for about 10-15 minutes. Finally our original hostess had seated another couple and said she would bring us bread and water. At this point we were almost ready to leave but again....giving them the benefit of the doubt and knowing how delicious the food is at Ruth's Chris we decided to stay. (That was our second mistake!) Finally we did get bread and water and about 5 minutes later our server came to the table. She introduced herself but gave no apology for the long wait. She asked if we had been to a Ruth's Chris before and when we replied that we had she simply said, "Well then you probably know what you want....go ahead and order." No listing of the nightly specials, no recommendations.....just go ahead and order. So while slightly bizarre, we proceeded to order. My husband ordered the Ruth's Classic Full Filet Medium Rare. I ordered the Mother's Day Surf and Turf Special with Filet (Medium Rare) and Lobster Tail. We also ordered salads to start. My husband ordered a soft drink and I ordered a drink from the bar. My husband got his soft drink and we got our salads (which were very good). I waited for my drink for a long time.....at least 15 minutes. Now I know drinks from the bar can take a little longer but I was sitting next to the bar and they weren't that busy!

When our dinners finally arrived...which also took a really long time.....there was no sizzle. If you have been to a Ruth's Chris Steak House or have seen a commercial...you know that the sizzle is their trademark. I have never been to a Ruth's Chris where there hasn't been a sizzle so this again was odd. An assistant to the server dropped the dinners off and left right away. No sign of our server. My husband cut into his steak and it was well done on the outer edges and very slightly pink (medium well at best) on the inner part. I cut into mine and it was the same. He tried to find our server to send the meals back but she was no where to be found. I finally grew tired and annoyed with the whole thing and decided to make due and eat mine the way it was....at least it was tender. He couldn't eat his at all and kept waiting for the server to come and ask how it was. After about 5-10 minutes and still no server he saw her across the room and waved at her to come over. No response. He stood and waved at her again and she finally came over. He explained that this steak was overdone and would like it to be cooked again. She said okay but they would have to make a whole new steak (understandable) so it would take some time. He agreed to wait for the new steak. The assistant server had offered to shell my lobster tail for me....however when I went to eat it there were bits of shell on it that I had to pick off....I still think I ate one of the pieces! Again, just not what you expect from an upscale restaurant. When the manager finally brought my husband's new steak out (about half an hour later)....she asked him to check it out. It still wasn't medium rare but was closer this time so he decided to just eat it. Both of us noted that the texture of the steaks was different than all the other Ruth's Chris's that we have been to....and that is a whole lot! It was almost as if the meat was not Prime at this location. By the time he got his new steak, I had finished my meal so there again lost a little of it's specialness.

After our meal we were already less than happy.....feeling very uncomfortable being overdressed in the bar, it was loud and crowded in the bar area, service was terrible, food was bad but we decided to give the dessert a go. I love the Ruth's Chris Cheesecake with berries. It is my favorite and I always get that. We asked for a dessert menu and there is no cheesecake. Since it's one of the signature desserts we asked if they had it. Our server's response....Oh you must have been to other locations....no we don't serve that here. Okay...now I don't expect her to make it materialize since it didn't exist there but again another disappointment. My husband got the small specialty cheesecake that came with his Ruth's Classic dinner and I decided to forego any dessert. She must have sensed by this time that we were getting annoyed and she did bring me a small specialty cheesecake when she brought his.

We waited for some time to find our server again to get our bill....my husband attempted to pay with a gift card and then a credit card for the remaining balance. I went to the restroom while he was taking care of the bill. The restroom happened to be in the main dining room...which was quite nice....much more special than the bar! They actually had tables with tablecloths in there and it was no more than half full if that! I go back to the table and my husband is again waiting on our server. She had returned the credit card and receipt for him to sign but had also returned the gift card unused. Couldn't find her so we finally decided to leave and ran into her in the lobby where we asked if she had used the gift card. She said Oh I never saw it....not sure how she missed it but at this point it was not worth trying to get her to figure out how to credit it back and use the gift card so we left. Other mother's received roses from the restaurant while we were there. No one brought out any rose for me...perhaps they were all gone during the hours that we were there. Just an overall terrible experience. Perhaps they are not this bad all the time but it really made for a bad ending to our vacation.

I would not return to this location and I would not recommend going here if you are in town. Next time I would try one of the local steakhouses or Capitol Grille. As much as we like Ruth's Chris we will not make another visit here.

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK