“Nice hotel”

Ranked #24 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Grant
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Very nice hotel. Our room was very clean. Each room has a microwave,mini fridge and small coffee maker. The beds are comfortable and the bedding very nice. The free breakfast is worth eating. Lots of choices including fresh waffles,scrambled eggs,bacon,biscuits,danish,bagels,yogurt ,oatmeal and cereals. The staff is very friendly and professional. The only negative is the parking. Valet parking is $20 per day. There is lot and meter parking available, no free parking. It is close enough to the downtown pedestrian mall to walk.

1 Thank gabygoo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Overall, THE BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE I have ever had. I stayed one night at a different hotel and was upset about something promised that was not true. I got out of the rest of my reservation after calling the Hampton Inn and getting a room for the rest of the week. They worked with me and I was very satisfied, especially when I got to my room and it was TWICE as big as the first hotel. Also, there is a cheap parking lot across the street, within walking distance to everywhere I need to be, close to the 16th St Mall, FREE BREAKFAST (not just ordinary breakfast, a really decent spread). Manager Todd was very helpful with helping us checkin early and gave us some free snacks before a day of hiking. We got a pack n play for the baby during our stay. Pool n spa were very nice and the beds were extremely comfy. I can't think of one thing to complain about, I was so happy with the change and how everything was better in every way. First time staying with Hampton so I opened up an HHonors since I plan on coming back next time I am in Denver.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Love this place.

Also, if it matters, I am in sales and travel a few times a month. So I have been to many hotels and this was my best experience so far.

2 Thank CaptainCovert
Loveland, CO
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Hampton Inn in downtown Denver is in a great location - close enough to the 16th Street mall, but not so close that you have to deal with noise or congestion. We were able to park our car on the street overnight without any charge, and just needed to move it or put money in the meter before 9am. The breakfast was wonderful - there were hot waffles, hot oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins and mixed nuts to add. I plan on making this my usual spot in Denver. Everyone at the front desk was very nice, and we did not have any complaints.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JayDee970
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

After staying at this hotel for an extended weekend to attend a conference in downtown Denver, I was repeatedly surprised by the value, cleanliness, and attention to detail shown by the staff and services.
This hotel is superior in most regards to more expensive boutique and larger hotels. It is a great deal.
Here are the highlights:
1-Amazing free, full breakfast with waffles, oatmeal, juice, good coffee, toast, yogurt, eggs, sausage, you name it. Why pay more for an equal room (at the Warwick) and no breakfast?
2-Friendly and attentive staff. We traveled with our 1-year old, and they gave us one of the handicap-accessible rooms so that we would have more space for the portable crib
3-Attention to detail. Our son pulled up one of the floor-mounted door stops (it was loose to begin with). And after mentioning this problem to a repair person we met in the elevator, it was repaired later that afternoon. Hard to beat that level of service.
4-Valet parking
5-Accessible downtown location - quick walk to 16th Street Pedestrian mall and other downtown locations. Sports venues are a little farther away.
6-Sound-proofed rooms. Couldn't hear the traffic (we were on the 6th floor), or noise from other rooms (and hopefully they couldn't hear our son yell).

Room Tip: If you have a child that needs a portable crib, request one of the handicap-accessible rooms, like...
3 Thank Stevenson123
Eagle
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Very unfriendly and unwelcoming staff. I had been staying across at the Warwick hotel and wanted to stay in Denver a couple more nights but the Warwick was sold out. So I decided to try the Hampton Inn, which is across the street. My fiance was treating me to a getaway in Denver so I could see a concert at the Paramount and a Denver Performing Arts show. When I made my reservation at the Hampton Inn, the front desk staff was so rude when I presented my fiances credit card for check in. They said I needed him to submit a credit card authorization, which was no problem. However, they said they must have it sent immediately via fax and my fiance didn't have access to a fax machine right away. I even had cash that I offered in the meantime until my fiance could fax over the form. But they refused to help me at all and were so rude to me that I decided to cancel my reservation and stay at a different hotel.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo