“Clean and comfortable hotel in a great location”

Residence Inn Denver City Center
Ranked #27 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Huntington Beach, California
“Clean and comfortable hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night during a trip to Denver in April 2012. The hotel is very centrally located (as the name indicates). It's within walking distance of the Pedestrian Mall, Larimar Square, the Stadium, and many local attractions. The parking is reasonably priced at $20 per night and is located in a parking deck on the 2nd-6th floors of the building. It's a little odd because you need to get a card key from the front desk at checkin before you can park. There is some temporary parking there for check-in although it was all full when I went, which meant I had to park behind someone (not a big deal).

The check-in process was easy and the front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel is very nice. The interior is much nicer than many Residence Inns that I have stayed in before. The rooms are spacious and include all of the normal Residence items. They had some nice local magazines and books which added a nice touch. The bed was comfortable and the room very quiet since it faced a courtyard on a high floor.

The breakfast selection was very good...very easy to get your fill. There was a lot of seating although the breakfast area was quite busy. There are a lot of windows in the area which is on the street level which make it a nice spot to eat.

The main attraction to this hotel was the convenient location but the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel were unexpected perks. I would recommend this hotel to business travelers and families alike. It would be good for short or long stays. You can't go wrong with the location and the property.

Safe travels!

Room Tip: High floor facing the courtyard was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We drove up to this hotel on a late Friday afternoon without a reservation. The front desk manager, Danielle, walked with us to show us 3 different rooms. After we checked into our room, we noticed an "off" smell, as if this was a smoking room (this hotel like all in CO is non-smoking). We spoke again with Danielle and she immediately apologized and put us in a new room which was great, on the top floor overlooking downtown and the Front Range of the Rockies!

This property is centrally located downtown with quick access to the 16th Street electric buses and Denver's downtown light rail.

Breakfast was free and huge! Lots of varieties of really good breakfast choices. The hotel is very clean and the large lobby has lots of comfortable chairs and couches and fireplaces that invite you to sit, read and talk. A nice property with very friendly service.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Warren B
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Great place to stay and convenient to 16th street. Breakfast and manager's reception are great. Staff was very friendly. I would have given it 5 stars, but my bed was stripped down and not made on the last night of my stay. Rooms are spacious and well decorated.

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Alta Loma, California
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I was in Denver for training between December 18, 2011 through February 17, 2012 staying at the Residence Inn. I was far from my home in California. The staff at the Residence Inn truly made me feel like I was part of the family. Kelly, the Happy Hour bartender, was very sweet and was more than willing to go the 'extra mile' for any request. She went out of her way to find me a TV guide which was much appreciated. She also made it her job to make sure she knew everyone's first name and said 'Hello" every time she saw me and that is not the usual in most hotels. Jimmy, Sergio, the cook and the other (2) Hispanic gentlemen in the dining area made my breakfasts and dinners very enjoyable and stress free. They were prompt in removing my dirty dishes and made sure I always had everything I needed. The Front Desk associates, Ryan, Erin and a very nice black lady (I don't remember her name) were very helpful and kind with me any time I had a request no matter how often I called them. The Manager, Jeff, also helped me out with a situation that occurred during my stay. Although, he was unable to obtain an acceptable resolution, I applaud his attempts on my behalf. I attended the Mayor's Homeless Pajama Party during my stay and I had a wonderful time; I made sure to tell the guests of the party how wonderful my stay at the Residence Inn was and that I recommend it very highly. It is not often I go on and on about service but this was a new type of experience for me. This type of service is rare and should be celebrated. I want the staff of the Residence Inn to know that their efforts were noticed and truly appreciated.

Room Tip: The 15 th floor view is awesome!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable.

Ryan Bayles-Gottehrer
Guest service supervisor
Residence Inn Marriott City Center
ryan.b-gottehrer@ridenver.com
303-296-3444
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is such a great location - smack in the centre of Denver downtown but quiet just the way I like it. The suite was spacious and even had a full kitchen. I discovered a fantastic Mexican restaurant only a block away called Diegos Mexican Food and Cantina - with some of the best Mexica food I've ever tasted.
The staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble. With a huge buffett breakfast included in the tariff - this is seriously good value and a great place to spend a few nights before heading to the ski fields.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and that's what you'll get
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo