“Very Nice Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The room was spacious and the view of the mountains was amazing! We had a small problem when we first checked in but management fixed it right away. (Our neighbors were smoking in their room). This hotel is walking distance to many restaurants and bars. The only reason I didnt give it 5 circles is beacuase as much as this hotel is per night they could have included breakfast. It was $17 dollars a person for their breakfast buffet and another $4 dollars for a cup of coffee. CRAZY!!! oh and valet parking is expensive!!!! $30 a night! wowsers. If I stay at this hotel again I will park on the streets or elsewhere in a parking lot and I will eat breakfast outside the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank christy c

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Really fantastic experience. Helpful staff, elegant appointments, and great location for the convention center and good restaurants. Spend some extra cash for the Regency Club package that gives exclusive access to the Regency Club on the 35th floor. The concierge (Aiden or Adrian, I can't remember) was fantastic and the spread of food and drinks available from 7 am to 9 pm is gourmet quality and is worth the up charge from a standard room.

• Stayed: January 2012
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear Snowismylife,

Thanks for the positive review! I am glad to hear that Adrian was able to assist you, and I am definitely passing your comment along to him. I love getting Regency Club access at Hyatt’s and the fact that our property’s Regency Club offers such a great view is what I think makes it one of the best! Thanks for staying with us and I hope we will get to see you again.

Best,
Allison Gegenheimer
Hotel Assistant Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed here last weekend and would stay again. It's a super location, trendy rooms, and a reasonable price. It's within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, and bars in downtown. It's also right next to the convention center if you are attending an event. We were there during the SIA Snow Convention, so I worried that it would be noisy. We had no issues at all though even though the hotel had several parties going on and lots of people.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights for a trade show in Jan 2012. First what I liked about the room: room was spacious, updated, clean with a flat screen tv, desk area, in-room complimentary coffee, complimentary daily newspaper, ionic hair dryer. I LOVED that I could open the window for fresh air although there is a trolley that passes by constantly with a damn trolley bell that rings which is quite annoying. What I disliked about the room: the cell phone coverage is terrible throughout the hotel, I had to text anyone I needed to speak with to call me in my hotel room, the towels were of motel quality - paper thin and very rough and I am a Hyatt gold member so I am accustomed to Hyatt Regency beds being much more luxurious. The blanket was not a down or down alternative it was 2 sheets with one of those nasty thermal blankets in between. Also the in room wireless Internet is EXPENSIVE - 48 hours cost me $30! The hotel has a couple of bars - the one on the 27 th floor is a must see, a 24 hour coffee shop/convenience store, and a decent restaurant on-site but it is in walking distance to Larimar St where there are some fabulous restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank perfumegirl
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Location is great and the Hotel is a good value. We will stay there again if we come to Denver.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple