“A great family restaurant with the best fried chicken”

Wishbone Family Restaurant
Ranked #371 of 3,434 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 14
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 19 May 2018

We found this place while visiting Denver for a couple of days. My wife and I really enjoyed the fried chicken meals. We came back the next day for dinner! The following day, my wife ordered the Grilled Chicken Breast dinner special, and the lightly breaded chicken was very moist, crisp, and flavourful. The staff were fast and friendly. I was glad that we had to wait at least 10 minutes for the meals to arrive, as I know that the fried chicken was made when ordered, and not sitting around. The meals were also of great value. I will definitely recommend this place to others. This restaurant has the pride, quality and comforts of a real family owned restaurant.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Really 3 1/2 Stars. The waitress was very nice and the service was quick. The soups are homemade and yummy. The chicken is moist and crispy, although somewhat bland. Needs some more spices. Portions are large, and prices are quite reasonable. However, the gravy was bland and gloppy, and the green beans were canned.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Their specialty is the fried chicken, but they have burgers, steaks, salads, a full menu.

Chicken was a little dry on the day I visited. Overall a good mean, above average, but not quite up to very good.

A nice quiet spot for a meal. Good service.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

If you have never been to Wishbone, you are missing out on the best meal. The fried chicken is great. And the baked potatos are always perfect. Never in over 45 years have we ever had a bad meal. And the owners are the best. For large or small groups you will enjoy you time here. And the prices are awsome as well. Do yourself a favor and go!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We love to frequent local restaurants when we go to Denver to visit so when this one came up on the list we drove over to give it a try. All I can say is WOW!!! This was the best fried chicken I have had since my mom's! The breading was crisp and flavorful and the chicken, even the breast which tends to get dry, was so juicy and just amazing. My son had the chicken fried steak and was thoroughly impressed with his as well. And I can't remember the last time I had chicken gravy with my dinner. The topper was the absolutely amazing staff. I wish I could remember our waitresses name, if it helps management at all we were there at 1:30 or so on Saturday July 15th, she was so sweet and very attentive, even had my teenagers laughing. The gentleman who showed us to our seats was a hoot too and instantly connected with our family. He was full of energy and you could tell he loved his job. Quite frankly we can't wait to come back to Denver again JUST so we can swing by here for lunch again. Thank you so much for a delicious home style meal, in a great atmosphere, with great staff to take care of us.