“nice atmosphere, average food, over-priced”

Kikis Japanese Casual Dining
Ranked #982 of 3,310 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 29 December 2016

I've been going to Kikis for more than 10 years now, maybe 1-2 times a year. Never reviewed it before. Went last night and found the prices have gotten way too high. $19.95 for a beef bowl, just a bowl of mostly white rice with some fatty meat. An extra $2.75 for a small portion of brown rice. Two people ended up costing $45, and no alcohol. Kiki's has a really nice atmosphere, the people are friendly, but for the price it's hard to justify.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Great food and service! Large menu. If you love ramen and udon this place is for you! A good variety of items on the menu. From sushi, rice dishes, and all types of noodles. You won't be disappointed. At least I loved it!

Reviewed 8 October 2016

The outside of Kikis does not do justice to the food inside! We usually have sushi although the menu has lots of items. Service is friendly and fast. The restaurant is small and usually busy although we usually do not have to wait too long. The only small drawback is that they do not accept phone orders, so to take out, you have to order and wait.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Came here on a recommendation of a fellow foodie.

I don't really know what I was expecting since I saw that it didn't have as great of a review as I would've thought, considering it came highly recommended. But I know that sometimes the ratings don't really match how I ultimately feel about a place - positive or negative.

It's a cozy little eatery. Wish there were more images to get an idea of how some dishes are. Coming from a big metro area (LA) w/ a wide variety of noodles (that's what I was craving), I was slightly concerned that I was going to be disappointed. Fortunately, the BF and I were not! Yay!!

I ordered the TEMPURA UDON. If you like tempura and you like udon, you will definitely enjoy this dish! The broth and noodles were on point; and the shrimp and veggie tempura batter and sauce were terrific! The tempura was much better than many others I've had in LA - that's sad to me :-/

The BF ordered the BEEF CHA-PU-RU. It's a mix of some veggies, slices of beef, and rice. It's diff than what he's used to but said it was okay (as are most dishes w/ him -_-) lol!

So, w/ this restaurant, don't let the rating fool ya! And check out their drink menu!

Reviewed 16 March 2016

My friends and I went to have dinner last night. We ordered baked calamari for our appetizer along with a bottle of cold Japanese mango sake. The baked calamari was very tender and flavorful, perfect compliment to the sake we had. The sake was sweet and smooth, as if you were drinking a mango juice; it was so good that we had to order another bottle.
For my dinner, I had a spicy tuna bowl, a very tasty raw tuna with soy sauce on rice. The rest of my friends ordered Japanese style udon which they enjoyed very much as well.

Been to Kikis Japanese Casual Dining? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK