“Good food”
Review of Bombay Clay Oven

Bombay Clay Oven
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Clay Oven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,086 of 3,300 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cherry Creek
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Nice dining room. Food was good but not the best indian food I have had. Their Chicken Karahi was very good and I really enjoyed it. Some of the other dishes were not as good.
Prices were on the high side

1  Thank Manuel d
BombayClayOven, Owner at Bombay Clay Oven, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thanks for the feedback, Manuel--we appreciate it. We hope you'll try us again sometime soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

No question that the Indian food at both the Little India restaurants and the Mint Indian restaurant are more tasty and flavorful than that of the Bombay Clay Oven. I eat Indian food all the time as it is one of my most favorite cuisines.

I went back to the Bombay Lay Oven tonight because I had a coupon for a free entree up to $14.00. I ordered the Lamb Dopyaza, naan and a mango lassi. Both times I have eaten at the Bombay Clay Oven previously I got a very small portion of rice, piled in a round triangle shape. Not nearly enough rice to go with the main course.

Being that there should be more rice than what I got for the serving of lamb, I asked for some more rice. The waitress never said a thing about there being an extra charge for a single small scoop of rice. I did not find out until the check arrived that I was charged $2.99 for this one extra scoop of rice! Are you kidding me? I was the last customer in there tonight! They will throw out the rest of the rice, as they will make a fresh batch tomorrow!

It seems to me that they serve such a small portion of rice so that they can then charge another $3.00 for enough rice to go with the entree. Whenever I eat at the Little India restaurants, as well as the Mint restaurant they always make sure you have enough rice, even offering you a to-go box of rice to take home, without ever charging extra for it!

Since the food is tastier at those two restaurants compared to the Bombay Clay Oven, I will not bother going out of my way to go to Cheery Creek to get mediocre Indian food again. Simply put, there is better Indian food in Denver than at the Bombay Clay Oven!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We went on a whim (boyfriend usually does quality research prior to our choosing anywhere... and this experience is why, ha). The fella that greeted us was pleasant and polite, the booth we sat cross-legged in was charming. Over-all though, the atmosphere is overpowered by the lights— a few notches too-bright. Our server, Marissa, was warm, inviting, and proved to be consistently accommodating throughout the evening. We had high hopes, but were ultimately disappointed with the veggie-trio app (small portions/slightly warmer than room-temp). The raita was the redeeming element (fantastic!) Ordered chicken tikka, which was quite bland, and I love bharta(eggplant)... which resembled a bland, spicy tomato sauce (where was the eggplant??...I’ve had notably better canned simmer sauce). Marissa was understanding and accommodating(service made the meal : ) Far from memorable I’m afraid.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This place has a buffet that is to die for! Everything is smoking hot and there is a big selection of main dishes, salads and deserts.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Bombay Clay has been a family favorite for years. It's tucked into Cherry Creek and allows for wandering around the area after eating some delicious Indian (and burn off some of the dessert I always seem to get.) The service is terrific and they make you feel like part of the family. My son's favorite part is eating in the devane (I'm spelling that completely wrong!) - it feels like a comfy cozy tent.

Been to Bombay Clay Oven? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK