“Missing Indian Food in Denver? - Visit Bombay Clay Oven”
Review of Bombay Clay Oven

Bombay Clay Oven
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Clay Oven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,086 of 3,300 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cherry Creek
Reviewed 14 March 2017

After a week stay at Denver, I was missing food with masala and there I chanced upon this lovely restaurant - Bombay Clay Oven located a little away from my hotel at Cherry Creek. It is a nice and cozy little restaurant that was serving buffet Indian lunch with all the delicacies including Gulab Jamun as dessert.

Although the food was prepared to suit the American taste buds, I enjoyed the non-spicy sambar, the vegetable korma and to top it all - chicken tandoori. The buffet all the ingredients of a typical Indian lunch.

The staff is courteous and quick. I was surprised that despite being a working day, there was quite a bit of crowd in the restaurant. Mind you, not Indians but locals and other tourists.

The cost for the buffet was around USD 12 or so. Not very expensive I guess.

Must try while in Denver.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

on our second visit we were accompanied by our granddaughters (9 and 12) and we all found things to enjoy.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Fantastic Indian food! Great service, very friendly & welcoming. I love the comfy booths. Definitely turned me into a repeat customer.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

It is hard to imagine a restaurant could work hard to be terrible in all areas, but Bombay Clay Oven achieves it. We have been searching for a good Indian restaurant in Denver. This is not it. The wine we ordered by the glass was sour and old. Our food did not come for 46 minutes despite our telling them we had a show to go to. The waitress came by with our naan order, then took it back 30 seconds later saying it was a double order. The naan that finally came was inedible--like uncooked pie crust dough. But the naan was better than the very expensive entrees. Even if you are starving, do not go here. Go to Trader Joe's, get the frozen Indian food and frozen naan. They are much better, even if you eat them frozen.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

We love coming here and enjoying the food and wait staff. My favorite is the lamb saag. We also enjoy the tandor chicken and the naan. Their staff is always working as a team which mean dirty dishes are removed quickly and water is refilled on a timely basis. Enjoy the experience as much as we do. Cheers.

Been to Bombay Clay Oven? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK