“Best Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 December 2017

This is a fabulous Italian restaurant. They don't take reservations for parties less than 6, and it was very crowded when we went on a Sunday night, so we ate at the bar. The bartender Jesse is wonderful - so glad we ate at the bar, she was so great. This is a small family Italian restaurant with scrumptious food and a great wine list. They are very accommodating and flexible with the menu, even allowing 1/2 portions of pretty much anything. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Located in an area you would not expect to find a restaurant. Recommended by the hotel as great Italian and family owned. Building is old and charming. Dining area is a bit crowded, but comfortable. The food is superb. Choose your pasta and sauce. Servers are outstanding and knowledgeable. Located in an older neighborhood and parking is on the street and very limited, but walk a bit more to eat more.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We dined at the Cherry Tomato for the second time while on our way to the Denver museum of Nature and Science. The first time we were in a hurry and they totally fixed our meal quickly. Yesterday we were not in a hurry and they were just as prompt. The food was delicious and the wine choices were plentiful. Even though we went as a couple, there were many families in there.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Love eating at this restaurant. Every time I pass through Denver a stop here is a must. Always great service and amazing Italian food. If I lived in the neighborhood I would be a regular. Don't miss this hidden gem!

1  Thank RichardP800
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

There are so many Italian restaurants in the Denver area and I'm always surprised that the Cherry Tomato is ranked so poorly compared to some other places however this is simply based on the fact that the number of reviews is so small. Perhaps nobody is reviewing it because those of us that live in the hood of Park Hill where the cherry tomato is located simply don't want everybody else to discover what an amazing little gem this place is.

Since I have lived in the hood I have eaten here a couple times a year if not every other month or so and find the food to be extremely fresh and delicious and the service is always consistent and impeccable. I love the Caesar salad for two and find their dressing to be very light and very good considering it's homemade. I'm always a fan of there seafood pasta dishes and on this occasion actually tried their salmon special that came with some risotto and spinach. It was perfectly cooked and extremely delicious.

The wine menu here is not very fancy but they do have some good Italian wines and I always ask my server for help since I'm not that knowledgeable on Italian Reds.

And of course your meal needs to end with a piece of their tiramisu because it is simply perfection.

Some of the waiters here have been serving for many many years and they know the menu very well and are very efficient and friendly at what they do.

The open kitchen concept is a nice treat and in the summer you can sit out on the patio and enjoy the Colorado summer air.

1  Thank JJBlondie

Been to Cherry Tomato? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK