“Back Again”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Love eating at this restaurant. Every time I pass through Denver a stop here is a must. Always great service and amazing Italian food. If I lived in the neighborhood I would be a regular. Don't miss this hidden gem!

1  Thank RichardP800

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

There are so many Italian restaurants in the Denver area and I'm always surprised that the Cherry Tomato is ranked so poorly compared to some other places however this is simply based on the fact that the number of reviews is so small. Perhaps nobody is reviewing it because those of us that live in the hood of Park Hill where the cherry tomato is located simply don't want everybody else to discover what an amazing little gem this place is.

Since I have lived in the hood I have eaten here a couple times a year if not every other month or so and find the food to be extremely fresh and delicious and the service is always consistent and impeccable. I love the Caesar salad for two and find their dressing to be very light and very good considering it's homemade. I'm always a fan of there seafood pasta dishes and on this occasion actually tried their salmon special that came with some risotto and spinach. It was perfectly cooked and extremely delicious.

The wine menu here is not very fancy but they do have some good Italian wines and I always ask my server for help since I'm not that knowledgeable on Italian Reds.

And of course your meal needs to end with a piece of their tiramisu because it is simply perfection.

Some of the waiters here have been serving for many many years and they know the menu very well and are very efficient and friendly at what they do.

The open kitchen concept is a nice treat and in the summer you can sit out on the patio and enjoy the Colorado summer air.

1  Thank JJBlondie
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Well, it's authentic, unpretentious, and affordable so I'm sure some out of state developer is scheming to tear it down and put up ugly condos as we speak. It's an old school menu, so no pork belly but they do have GF pasta which is nice. A little neighborhood treasure, but they don't appear to have AC so plan accordingly.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

The Cherry Tomato is located on a residential street, and sits quietly on a corner. It is a charming place to have dinner! The hostess was super friendly, our waitress obviously loved her job, and the food was splendid! We had a wide variety of meals and it was all outstanding. We topped dinner off with coffees and desserts, and again - we were not disappointed! I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a delicious dinner, in a quiet, quaint atmosphere! We'll go again!

1  Thank ShoppingM0M
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for great Italian cuisine, look elsewhere. If you're looking for decent food with a friendly neighborhood ambiance, the Cherry Tomato fits the bill.

Been to Cherry Tomato? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK