“Simply Delightful Neighborhood Restaurant!”
Review of Cherry Tomato

Cherry Tomato
Ranked #311 of 3,483 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2017

The Cherry Tomato is located on a residential street, and sits quietly on a corner. It is a charming place to have dinner! The hostess was super friendly, our waitress obviously loved her job, and the food was splendid! We had a wide variety of meals and it was all outstanding. We topped dinner off with coffees and desserts, and again - we were not disappointed! I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a delicious dinner, in a quiet, quaint atmosphere! We'll go again!

1  Thank ShoppingM0M

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for great Italian cuisine, look elsewhere. If you're looking for decent food with a friendly neighborhood ambiance, the Cherry Tomato fits the bill.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I have lived here my entire life, in Lakewood. Our "best Italian" has always been Cafe Jordano, which has always been the best in my opinion. My husband said Cherry Tomato was better, so we went and unfortunately, he was correct. I have been here 8 times now, and I can honestly say that I have never had such good Italian food. My favorite dishes are:

Pasta Filise
Pasta Puttanesca
Sauteed Mushrooms and Garlic Pasta

On top of these three entrees, I will order any special that sounds amazing (they change each time I go) and a dirty martini. The bartender is awesome and I cannot say enough about this little gem. I wish I would have known about it years ago!

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank nicolew2161
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

My third trip here and all 3 visits were great. Our server was helpful and attentive without hovering. My ravioli was terrific and sauces are always great. Several red sauce choices ranging from tame to spicy.
A very nice, quaint place with ambiance. Often full so might want to call ahead!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

This is a popular place. We visited on a Sunday evening and every table was taken. There were couples, larger adult groups and families with young children. A tub of crayolas on the table indicates that families are welcome.
The wine list here is quite extensive and they have some good wines, however the prices, I thought, were quite expensive. They have some Italian wines but I would have expected to have a wider choice of Italian.
We started with the antipasto which we shared, the waiter suggested that one antipasto would be fine, we could have done with two. We followed with what was labelled as their award winning lasagna. Yes, it was good, probably as good as I have had in the US, but coming from Europe, I thought the lasagna was pretty ordinary.
I was disappointed with the service. It was slow and I felt that the food was rather thrown at the table.
I am not convinced that I would rush back to the Cherry Tomato.