All reviews pepsi center state university valet parking larimer square great hotel sports venues nuggets game free shuttle within a mile radius street mall minute walk mile high stadium walking distance coors field perfect location shuttle service free breakfast
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Super clean, updated hotel! Excellent service and comfortable beds. Close to downtown and provided good, healthy breakfast options. Located right across the street from the Pepsi Center for concert goers!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Scott P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Travel67D:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown. I am so pleased that our excellent service, clean hotel and great location contributed to a great experience for you! We love hearing this! I hope that the next time you are attending a concert in Denver, you choose to stay with us again.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Scott Perry - General Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel in fairly good location near UC Denver campus and Larimer square. Good sized rooms that are very clean. Staff is great. Included breakfast is much better than most hotels. Depending on what you want to do in downtown Denver it can be a bit of a walk.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank James and Tammi... R
Erica Z, Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Dear James and Tammi,

First of all, happy belated anniversary! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown while you were in town to celebrate. Thank you for your feedback, which we have shared with our team and are working to continue providing the best service in town! We hope that in the future if you stay here again, you can enjoy our complimentary House Car to get to the further parts of downtown that are out of a typical walking distance.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Full disclosure - I think Marriott Residence Inns are the best brand in the company.
Everything I say will be in comparison to Residence Inns.

I had a week-long workshop that took place in this hotel, hence my choice for this stay.,
The SpringHill suites are a modest brand, with the requisite exercise rooms and a smattering of conference rooms. Not as extravagant at the flagshop Marriott hotels, but enough for this workshop.
It seems to be shoe-horned on this lot. There was not enough space for a proper parking lot, so all parking was paid valet service, to the tune of $32 a day. There were garages a couple of blocks away but I decided to go for the convenience of having my car nearby so I went for the valet service. The attendants were swift at getting my car, so I don't regret the expense.

There is no restaurant onsite, just a breakfast area where they served a hot breakfast. Scrambled eggs every day, sausage, oatmeal and the usual assortment of cold cereals and buns.

Lunch? You were on your own. There was one restaurant across the courtyard, and supposedly others nearby, but I never saw them. So I purchased items for my in-room fridge for lunch. Dinner was catch-as-catch-can. Not optimal.

The rooms are top-notch. All the plugs you could ask for, for recharging all those electronics.
Lovely shower-only bath. Thank goodness they got rid of those bath tubs! Just walking into a shower is so much more convenient.

For a suites hotel I expected to see a kitchenette. Not here.
There was a mini-fridge (not minibar) in a cabinet, and a microwave in another cabinet, with instant coffee fixings.
It worked, more-or-less, but not as nicely as at a Residence Inn, where I could hard-boil some eggs or cook some canned spagetti.

PLENTY of desk space - probably my biggest requirement, aside from a comfortable bed. A tiny desk would be a deal-breaker. I've crossed off other brands for this deficiency.

Would I come here again? Certainly.
I would have to do some planning about meals, though, especially given the brief period allowed for lunch at the workshop.

Room tip: Some rooms will be bright in the morning because they face east. If you want views of Denver, great.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Cailin56

Dear Cailin56,
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown for your week-long workshop! We appreciate your feedback which we have shared with our team and can see that you are a very loyal Marriott traveler from your comparisons. Thank you! Our restaurant, Degree, is located across the courtyard and includes a weekend brunch as well as the call-down service if you prefer to eat in your room over lunch and dinner. We wish you would have been able to experience more of the local restaurants and hope to be able to deliver even better on getting you connected to the area if you stay here again. We do have some rooms with tubs, but the majority of them match your preference with the shower only, so this is a consideration you can make for any future special requests when staying with us.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

The hotel looked great, felt very clean and the staff were very friendly. Rated 3 stars because our room was close to the road and the traffic was loud and busy well into the night. Frequent loud motorcycles and cars kept us up until 2:00am. The room was very nice but the mattress wasn't great and the sliding bathroom door is a little different. Breakfast was nice.

Without the road noise would have rated 4-5 stars. At checkout front desk said that could have relocated us to another if I had let them know. If we were staying a second night I would have changed rooms and likely had great stay.

Date of stay: July 2016
Erica Z, Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Dear Ron S,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown! We appreciate your kind words on the service and amenities. While outside noise creating interference is rarely a problem, I apologize sincerely that your stay was affected by a loud night in the city. This is outside the norm for us and it was an exceptionally loud night. I agree that requesting a room further down the hallway in the future will lend to a more peaceful night of rest for you. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2016

I booked this room through TripAdvisor while sitting in the Denver airport after my flight canceled. After the 30 min taxi ride, I walked in and was greeted by a very helpful staff. They provided me with all of the toiletries that I need since mine were on a plane somewhere. Overall great experience.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you, Chase, for your feedback on your recent stay with us! We are thrilled to hear you were taken great care of despite an otherwise stressful night.

We hope to host you again in the future, should your travels return you to Denver!

Warm regards,