“upscale location can't be beat”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Had to attend a two day meeting near Loews Denver, but after reading reviews, decided the Cherry Creek location had much more to offer as far as neighborhood, and the JW did not disappoint in that regard. They recommended I take a town car from the airport to the hotel ($78 for up to 3, including tip), and that proved a wise decision. Co-workers who had booked the supershuttle faced a nightmare wait of several hours and had to pay for a taxi ($65 w/o tip).
The bellman booked the town car both trips, and it was added to the room bill, very convenient.

The hotel is in the midst of shops such as Crate and Barrel, Sur La Table, Orvis, Nordstroms, etc., so a great area for walking, with lots of restaurants. We found a great place two doors from the Marriott, called "North". Northern Italian informal fare, with indoor/outdoor seating, everything from pizza to steaks. I had dthe braised short ribs and veggie for $23, and it was excellent.

There were a couple of negatives with regards to the hotel. First, it has a bar/bistro in the center, withg an open outdoor area.Wednesday nights there is loud dance music until midnight, and my room, on the eighth floor,facing the open court below, was so noisy with the music that I changed rooms to the front street side (Clayton lane), which was quiet.

Strangely, the refrigerators in my room, and that of my colleague, were white, all scratched, made a clunky noise when you closed the door, and looked like what you would give away to the Goodwill store!

Also while the beds were fine, the chair and ottoman were upholstered in faded, worn orange fabric, and in the first room, the adjacent love seat had worn corduroy upholstery. I noted that some of the woodwork in the hotel was marked and needed refinishing.Bathrooms were excellent with separate tub and large marble lined glass showers.

I would stay there again for the location and the attentive staff,including George the manager and Ben, the bellman (booked the limo).

However, I suggest you book a room on the front street side to avoid noise from the dance area, and I thyink that the Marriott chain needs to update the furniture in the rooms, and also redo the lobby, which has a cold appearance, with a strange wall bookshelf area like you would see in some department store.

Room Tip: book a room on the front street side.have them order a Town Car pickup from airport.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Jan L, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know of your experience at the JW Marriott Denver. I am pleased you liked the location of the hotel and found it convenient along with the help from the bellman in regards to your transportation to and from the airport. I will definitely look into the refrigerators along with the chair and ottoman in your room. The hotel just went through a complete renovation in the lobby and the guest rooms a year ago. You stated you were on the 8th floor so I will go through all of the rooms on the 8th floor and look for this faded and worn chair and replace it. We take great pride in making sure our rooms are up to standard and I want to make sure we take care of any item that is damaged. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please accept my sincere apology for the noise disturbance you encountered. I am working with the manager of the restaurant to make sure our hotel guests are not disturbed with their event Wednesday night. I will discuss this with the manager. I am truly sorry you were inconvenienced and had to move rooms. Thank you again for your comments and please feel free to contact me directly for anything I may help you with in the future.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

My stay would have been excellent, except for the last 10 minutes. The housekeeper banged on the door and then tried to open it up, despite my having the "Do Not Disturb" sign out, and it being right before check-out time. I was packing and trying to finish some work, which is why I had put the DND sign out in the first place. This shouldn't happen at a top of the line hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Jan L, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. You are absolutely correct - this NEVER should happen. I will be addressing this with the entire staff, along with the individual housekeeper. I am so sorry your work was interrupted as I know when traveling every minute is critical since you have so much to coordinate and time on top of your work. Please except my sincere apology for this inconvenience and feel free to contact me if there is anything more I may do. Thank you again and I am truly sorry.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I have stayed here many times and I miss all the people. It is very nice, accommodating, and the people are fabulous!. George is wonderful and all the people who work there. I haven't been there recently however, if I was going to Denver, I can't think of another place to stay (and I have stayed at many)....

Room Tip: I try to avoid elevators and ice machines but have not had problems ever. Stay on the side facing C...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Jan L, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with our hotel. It is great to hear from you. I will pass your comments on to George and we look forward to seeing you back at the JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek - hopefully sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I had such a wonderful experience having our wedding here..we would do it all over again if we could! We had around 130 people attend our reception in the Grand Ballroom and no one left dissapointed!

The JW Marriott Staff (specifically Lindsay Alesio and Erin Herman) were such amazing people to work with. Lindsay handled everything after the signing of the contract to the day of the wedding..no detail was missed. I was stressed about some of the details on the day of and she handled everything so perfectly (lighting, table setup, escort cards, placeholder cards)..the room setup she helped with looked SO beautiful it took my breathe away when I first saw it.

All of our guests had a wonderful time and said that the setup and flow was one of the best they have ever seen for a wedding. I have never wrote a recommendation before, but the staff went above and beyond our expectations so it wouldn't seem right not to.

The food choices we picked as part of our package was the steak and fish plated dinners. I literally walked around and saw everyone had almost licked their plate clean..I made sure to eat that night and I was so happy I did. Our cake that was included in the package was by Mulberries Cake shop and they did a delicious job. I can't wait for our one year to go back and get a free piece of our wedding cake :)

If you're wondering about accomadations they were absolutely gorgeous. We had the bridal suite and after the reception my husband and I walked into our room with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us.

JW Marriott sure is lucky to have a person like Lindsay working for them!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Jan L, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to have been a part of your big day. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the staff. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

My first stay at this hotel. Great location, lovely decor, parking best as valet with additional cost of $26 per night. Front door staff and desk staff very nice. The housekeeping staff were a huge dissapointment. Room was nice and clean at check in but Sunday after returning from a long day, at 4:30 pm room was not cleaned. We left and returned in 40 minutes and it was put together....but, very poorly. Worst problem was we noticed the glass drinking glasses were wet, turned over and placed on coasters. They had not been washed and clearly just rinsed as there were lipstick marks and overall dirty. Clearly the housekeeper thru the room together and didn't care. The front desk did listen to me and did report to managers. Upon checkout the front desk manager did acknowledge this wasn't acceptable and offered points to my Marriott rewards card. Not sure if this is acceptable but I do know mistakes and bad employees can cause problems.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking your time to let us know how your stay was - the good and the bad. I am truly sorry for the housekeeping issues. Please know this will be addressed so it does not happen again. It was completely unacceptable the lack of service your received Sunday. I am so sorry. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this or anything else with me. It is very important to me not only addressing the problem you encountered, but also the way we make it right with you. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Please be assured this will be addressed with housekeeping. Again, my sincerely apology.