JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
US$ 123
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$ 198
  • Restaurant
US$ 255
Cancelon
1,007 results
All reviewssecond homethe concierge loungegreat locationfront deskwhole foodsfire pitdenver cherry creekmountain viewvalet staffhotel restaurantlarge bathroomwithin walking distanceshopping and restaurantsvalet parkingroom servicewonderful hotelfew blocks
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I have stayed here many times and I miss all the people. It is very nice, accommodating, and the people are fabulous!. George is wonderful and all the people who work there. I haven't been there recently however, if I was going to Denver, I can't think of another place to stay (and I have stayed at many)....

Room Tip: I try to avoid elevators and ice machines but have not had problems ever. Stay on the side facing Cherry Creek.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Jan L, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with our hotel. It is great to hear from you. I will pass your comments on to George and we look forward to seeing you back at the JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek - hopefully sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I had such a wonderful experience having our wedding here..we would do it all over again if we could! We had around 130 people attend our reception in the Grand Ballroom and no one left dissapointed!

The JW Marriott Staff (specifically Lindsay Alesio and Erin Herman) were such amazing people to work with. Lindsay handled everything after the signing of the contract to the day of the wedding..no detail was missed. I was stressed about some of the details on the day of and she handled everything so perfectly (lighting, table setup, escort cards, placeholder cards)..the room setup she helped with looked SO beautiful it took my breathe away when I first saw it.

All of our guests had a wonderful time and said that the setup and flow was one of the best they have ever seen for a wedding. I have never wrote a recommendation before, but the staff went above and beyond our expectations so it wouldn't seem right not to.

The food choices we picked as part of our package was the steak and fish plated dinners. I literally walked around and saw everyone had almost licked their plate clean..I made sure to eat that night and I was so happy I did. Our cake that was included in the package was by Mulberries Cake shop and they did a delicious job. I can't wait for our one year to go back and get a free piece of our wedding cake :)

If you're wondering about accomadations they were absolutely gorgeous. We had the bridal suite and after the reception my husband and I walked into our room with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us.

JW Marriott sure is lucky to have a person like Lindsay working for them!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Jan L, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to have been a part of your big day. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the staff. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

My first stay at this hotel. Great location, lovely decor, parking best as valet with additional cost of $26 per night. Front door staff and desk staff very nice. The housekeeping staff were a huge dissapointment. Room was nice and clean at check in but Sunday after returning from a long day, at 4:30 pm room was not cleaned. We left and returned in 40 minutes and it was put together....but, very poorly. Worst problem was we noticed the glass drinking glasses were wet, turned over and placed on coasters. They had not been washed and clearly just rinsed as there were lipstick marks and overall dirty. Clearly the housekeeper thru the room together and didn't care. The front desk did listen to me and did report to managers. Upon checkout the front desk manager did acknowledge this wasn't acceptable and offered points to my Marriott rewards card. Not sure if this is acceptable but I do know mistakes and bad employees can cause problems.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking your time to let us know how your stay was - the good and the bad. I am truly sorry for the housekeeping issues. Please know this will be addressed so it does not happen again. It was completely unacceptable the lack of service your received Sunday. I am so sorry. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this or anything else with me. It is very important to me not only addressing the problem you encountered, but also the way we make it right with you. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Please be assured this will be addressed with housekeeping. Again, my sincerely apology.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is my third stay at the Cherry Creek JW over the past ten years, and while I've been delighted with my other two stays, this time I was duly surprised at how different my experience was. The other reviews are correct, the JW is in a wonderful location - walking distance to a mall, many small restaurants, boutique shops and galleries. I haven't used the spa, but the fitness room is definitely adequate for even a gym rat. I have accessed the concierge lounge this time and once before; this time was post-dinner and there was a nice assortment of fresh desserts and complimentary alcohol (yeah!). This stay I was in adjoining rooms with my husband and teenage daughter. With full disclosure, the day following our stay I emailed the GM at this property about all of the issues we dealt with - and her response was that there had been a turn-over in management and that she was embarrassed by our experience. In no particular order: the air conditioner in our room was malfunctioning, which we reported to the front desk and it was "fixed". Our thermometer read 64 all night but we were so warm we slept without covers, while my daughter's room read 68 and hers really was 68 degrees - downright chilly. Our bed duvet had a iron scorch mark right on the top; the supplied bottle opener was broken; the light in the bathroom makeup mirror was burn-out; the connecting doors between the rooms were visibly dirty; none of the 3 computers in the business center was functioning when I needed to print out boarding passes; and both pair of slippers in our bathroom had been previously worn (I'm sorry, but that's just gross). I told the GM that individually, none of these issues (except the a/c) was enormous, but together they demonstrated a lack of attention to detail the chain is renown for. I appreciate the GM's apology, but being in the customer service business, I would have made it right - whatever that meant - to ensure I come back as a guest. We stayed on points, and I'm glad I didn't pay $700/night for the caliber stay we experienced.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 15 July 2012

Thank you for taking your time to share your most recent experience at the JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek. I am truly sorry we fell short in many areas of delievering exceptional service. There is no excuse for any of this and I do want to make it right for you. Please contact me directly so we may discuss how we may make this up to you. Your business is very important to us and we want to earn your business back. Please call me at the hotel at your convenience. Thank you and again I am sincerely sorry for the problems you encountered. I am committed to correcting these.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Classy JW located in Cherry Creek area of Denver. The Cherry Creek area of Denver is a great area close to great restaurants, stores, shopping.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business