“Best in Denver”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #21 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My family and I stayed here recently based on a local's advice. Best advice in a long time. The hotel is real nice and very comfortable. What really stood out was how friendly and acccomodating ALL the staff was. From the parking valet to the front desk to room service. Day in and day out. You rarely find this. In addition, the location is perfect. Great surrounding neighborhood allows for endless walking around if you choose to. Everything you need is there. We were going to see Univ. of Denver and was quite convenient for that too. I did drive over to downtown to check the location of a few other hotels I had thought about and can say, without a doubt, that would have been a mistake. JW Mariott really does have the perfect location and is the "only place to stay".

Room Tip: 8th Floor Mountain view room was quiet and nice scenary.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ddavis130
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Ddavis,

Thank you for your kind review. It is very much appreciated. Thank you for recognizing the staff's efforts as well. I am happy to hear the location and hotel lived up to your expectations and you felt you made the right choice. Hopefully you can come see us again very soon. Have a wonderful day!

Director of Operations

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This hotel truly meets the high quality standards of a JW Marriott. As a platinum Marriott Rewards member, I visit numerous Marriotts and this one ranks in my top 5 all time. The staff was extremely helpful, the room was comfortable and well stocked with amenities, and the Concierge Lounge is run by a FANTASTIC team.

The night before my visit, I received an email warning of high security around and in the hotel due to a VIP guest. This nice note helped me plan a few extra minutes into my checkin experience. The concierge lounge was relocated for 24 hours, but this did not affect the quality of the food or services. There was absolutely minimal inconvenience, and it is not often that one gets to stay at the same hotel that the President is staying, so I will have a neat story to tell.

The hotel is conveniently located near many restaurants, shops, spas, coffee bars, and a Whole Foods is right around the corner. The Cherry Creek Mall is right across the street for additional shopping and dining. The concierge lounge breakfast, appetizers, and desserts were delicious and well kept. Nice selection of newspapers and magazines at the lounge also. I never felt rushed or crowded. Hats off to the staff at this hotel who did a great job. I look forward to coming back to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floor, facing the mountains if possible. Splurge for the concierge level, it is worth it.
1  Thank dczerkle

Dear Dczerkle,

Thank you for your review. To be recognized as one of the top Marriott Hotel's you have visited is an honor. I am so happy yo hear you were able to plan accordingly around the President's visit. We tried our best to proactively inform our guests. We look forward to your return visit in the future. Have a fantastic day!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed at many JW Marriott hotels in varied destinations. We've stayed at the Cherry Creek (Denver) location three times and have been consistently disappointed in that particular JW. For instance, during this last four night visit, an unidentified VIP was arriving and the hotel staff locked out the elevators of floors 8-12. We were on the 8th floor and weren't notified that our room key was to be required to take the elevator to our floor. At our inconvenience, we had to have our card keys reprogrammed to allow access to our floor. After three attempts, the front desk staff couldn't get it right and we couldn't get functional keys made for hours. We were staying in one of the premier, mountain view rooms, but were treated like second class security risks due to the unnamed VIP. Hey, if you don't want my non-famous business, say so up front. We also arrived to find the previous occupant's dirty laundry in one of the drawers...nice! On day two, a housekeeper who didn't understand our native English allowed us to enter our room without checking for an ID or a room key. My wife retrieved her iPad but she could have easily been a thief. Sorry service and poor customer service. Shameful for the JW line.

2  Thank K9safari
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at the JW Marriott Denver. First of all, I am truly sorry for all the incidents that occured during your stay. This is not the level of service I expect to deliver and this is not the level of service you should except. Our team takes your comments very seriously and although we never like to hear when we have fallen short of exceeding your expectations we need to know so it won't happen again. Your business is extremely important to us and I am sorry we failed to deliver a flawless stay. Please contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to discuss this further with you. Thank you again for your honest feedback.
Jan Lucas

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed two nights recently and had a great time in the bar, club lounge, nearby restaurants and mall.
Of all the Marriott, Marriott Resorts and JW's (and other Marriott brands), we have stayed at, we could not think of any of these hotels that had a 7 day a week open club lounge. Not only that, but the food was plentiful. Pancakes in a club lounge? Yes, they had it here.
The staff were friendly and very helpful and seemed very interested in how our stay was, always asking if they could help us plan our outside of the hotel activities as we had no concrete plans. The valet staff were always helpful, our check-in was easy and the gentleman who checked us in took time to find a room away from elevators/stairs, etc. The club lounge staff were great, too. The bar staff were also friendly speaking to them for a few hours as it was slow before the Friday 5pm rush. We did not try the main restaurant, but went a block away to Elways, then the Cherry Creeker (?) for burgers the next night.....best meal all weekend!
Overall, the room was very clean as was the bathroom, but the shower head seemed to be a water-saver and didn't have much pressure.
We used the spa on a Saturday morning. The spa is below average, but note, it is not part of the hotel, but a seperate spa all-together, though connected. You can charge to your room bill though. Downfalls were the relaxation area was right in the middle of a busy hallway so everyone seemed to look at you as they passed and well, a below average massage. It wasn't very relaxing.
Our only complaint would be as we checked out, we were in a hurry and using Marriott Rewards Dollars. At check-out, we were told our rate did not qualify for the Marriott Dollars and he bumped our rate up to the next available rate in order for us to use them. I know this was night right, but since we were in a hurry to catch an earlier flight, we went along with it. We travel for work or pleaure nearly weekly and have never been told this. With more time, I would have pursued.
Minus the spa and check-out experience, I would suggest this is one of the better JW's. Staff, hotel and location to nearby shops and restaurants. We will definately stay here again when in Denver.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear MelandRichRen,

Thank you for your kind response. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us for the most part, but I do apologize for the issues with the spa & checkout process. Thank you for bringing them to my attention so I may look into them further. Please contact me personally in the future and I will do my very best to ensure your stay goes as perfect as possible. I am sure I can make it up to you. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We had an amazing experience at the JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek and we HIGHLY recommend this hotel to visitors to the Denver area. Excellent customer service begins the moment you arrive at the JW Marriott - the valet service is wonderful, guests are encouraged to relax and let the valet and bell staff worry about your bags and your vehicle. You have easy access to valet vehicles, but it doesn't even matter, because so many great restaurants and shops are walking distance from the hotel. Cherry Creek Mall, dozens of restaurants, coffee shops, and boutiques are moments away and the neighborhood is safe and welcoming. This is an amazing place to stay. Every JW Marriott staffperson is knowledgable about the area and can help you decide where to go for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack. Visit the JW Marriott - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level with a view of the mountains.
1  Thank Buffalogirl41
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Buffalo Girl,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!!! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the Cherry Creek area in general. It is certainly a hidden gem for out of towners. Hopefully we will see you again very soon. Have a fantastic day!!!