“Great Local Steak House”

Shanahan's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Shanahan's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 3,325 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Belleview
Transit: When coming to Shanahan's on the light rail, you exit the Belleview station, go south 1/2 block to Belleview, then East 1 block.
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Tech Center convienence. We had no reservations on a crowded evening, The host was very accommodating and had us seated in 10 minutes. I ordered the Bone in Filet, flavor was good but the presentation was not up to other steak houses. The steak did not have the full bone left on, it looked more like a pork chop the a bone in lollipop filet. Sitting in the bar was accommodating, tables are more like convention style than fine dinning. Bar area was nice and seemed to be the local hot spot.

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

Modern chic design with oversized central bar feature and great selection of wine...

Our sommelier forgot her name choose an amazing Pinot Noir to compliment our food. I choose the fillet on the bone and it was Devine..
Great evening, even got to hold the super bowl... :)

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Well, I found myself in Denver this week on business. A coworker of mine and I love steaks so we checked TripAdvisor for a good recommendation. We settled on Shanahan's in the Denver Tech Center which is south of our airport-area hotel by about 10 miles or so. We went down on Sunday evening without reservation and business casual dress. We weren't dressed like hillbillies, but we weren't business casual either. But they welcomed us warmly and put us at a nice table near the patio anyway. I started with a beer--all of their selections, oddly enough, are bottled (bottled!) which is, in my book, a serious travesty. So I had to order up a German Hefeweizen import in a bottle. I do not fully forgive them of that. The bread came out immediately and truthfully, I never rave about bread, but it was crazy good. Not sure if it's made on site, but it was hot, fresh and simply delicious. The whipped butter didn't hurt its case at all. Nice crust with poppy seed and salty finish. Next, I ordered a Caesar with some additional non-menu bacon bits tossed on and my work friend had the Caesar as advertised. Both had real anchovies, excellent dressing preparations, and were great. They partially redeemed themselves of the bottled beer debacle. We went straight on to the main and side dishes. I had the 24 ounce prime "cowboy" ribeye. Delectable. Excellent. Parfait. And the serving plate was truly hot and actually finished cooking the steak. (I asked; they keep them in a broiler/oven at 500 degrees. Plus, I always touch the plate when they say it's hot, just to check, because they seldom are; but this one was lawsuit hot--and I liked it.) I also ordered the sautéed Brussels sprouts and my workmate ordered the garlic mashed potatoes. The potatoes were great, but the sprouts were just ok. They weren't terrible, but were slightly over sautéed, as in a bit too crunchy. Good concept though. My partner's steak? His steak, he claimed, was phenomenal. All in all, Shanahan's was quite good. Service was attentive, not overbearing, but there when you needed them. Ambiance was professional and classy (even though we weren't). I wouldn't recommend children, but there were a few little ones present. Lastly, the parking lot was super entertaining--full of high end, luxury cars (like Maseratis, Ferraris, top end Mercedes, BMWs, a Cadillac CTSV, and other nice stuff). Sadly, we drove away in the rental-version Hyundai Elantra we showed up with. With drink, tax, and 20% tip included, the bill came $109. Recommend!!

Reviewed 23 May 2016

This was a good experience. The wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and based on reviews we decided to dine at Shanahan's.

I had the NY strip and the wife had the surf and turf with a lobster tail and a filet mignon.

My NY strip was good, but the filet mignon was fantastic. Extremely tender and flavorful. The lobster tail was ok. Could have used a bit more seasoning and it wasn't really tender. Slightly rubbery.

We also had "Shanahan's" salad and garlic mashed potatoes. The salad was good as well as the potatoes. Nothing special really.

As far as service goes, our waiter was very polite and professional. We did enjoy ourselves. We've had better meals at other places, it was a good experience though.

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Probably the best Filet Mignon that I have ever had. Wonderful atmosphere and great service. Highly recommend for those looking for a high end meal.

Been to Shanahan's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK