“The Omelettes were the stuff of dreams”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #23 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The location is perfect, the beds are extremely comfortable, the staff is outstanding. But the Omelettes, sweet Jesus the Omelettes. Brian's work on the frying pan is nothing short of sheer genius, no yolk. If you come here for one thing, let it be this. I'm now going to go cry because I leave tomorrow :-(

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you so much for posting such a great review about our hotel. I also think that we have an amazing breakfast here, and I'm glad that you enjoyed it as well. I hope to see you again soon.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I've stayed in downtown Denver several times for both business and pleasure, at various hotels. Our recent stay at this Embassy Suites makes a strong case for making this our first choice in the future.
The staff is simply wonderful, from Brian making made-to-order omlettes with a bright smile and positive attitude at the complimentary breakfast buffet, to the front desk staff that goes out of their way to meet and exceed your expectations. The gym is small, but decently-equipped and very clean. The indoor pool is also clean and was consistently uncrowded during our stay. The rooms are nicely sized. The only caveat is the somewhat sparse offerings at the evening manager's happy hour, which are a Chex-like party mix and some mixed fruit, but hey - what do you want for nothing? It does just seem out of place compared to the great breakfast spread they put out every day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I will make sure to pass all of your comments along to my staff. I hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2012

They were right across from the convention center so it was so easy to walk all the girls from our volleyball team over there. The hotel was very accomodating for our breakfast, since there were so many teams there they set in up in another room so it was easy for us and it didn't bother the general public!
We all felt safe there since you did need a key to ride in the elevator.

Room Tip: They are great for large groups!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

I'm glad you had a great stay with us recently for the Crossroads Volleyball. We were thrilled with how well the breakfast worked out for the teams. We look forward to having you stay with us again next year.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

My family of 3 was in Denver for a wedding downtown & stayed 6 nights - it was perfect! Not only is this Embassy only a couple years old...the ambiance is very warm & upscale (some are not so warm). We had a little hiccup upon check-in with getting to our room late in the evening (front desk gave us the wrong room number) but all of the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast crew was especaily personable with my 11 yr old daughter - sweet to ask how she felt each day with her bad cold etc. The room was super comfortable, clean & quiet (we were on 10th floor). All the usual amenities that we enjoy with Embassy (cook to order breakfast and in room: microwave, coffee maker (dual - single cup maker) and refrigerator) were great to have for such a long stay. Location was also very desirable - right across from the convention center, 2 blocks to 16th street shopping mall and light rail access. I work in the travel industry and my only suggestions to this hotel would be to consider getting ipod chargers somewhere in the rooms and provide the disney channel for families.

Room Tip: For longer stays might want to go higher floors and close to elevator like we had.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review about our hotel. I'm glad to hear that my staff was caring and hope that your daughter is no longer ill. I hope that the wedding you attended was beautiful and that you choose to visit us again real soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is hands down the best hotel in Denver that I have ever stayed in. From the friendly, efficient valets to the professional front desk associates my stay began with great hospitality. The design was beautiful, the room was CLEAN and TIDY, and everything stayed that way for the duration of my stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in downtown Denver. I was especially wowed by the customer service and quality of Brian's omlets at the breakfast buffet. He was very friendly, professional, and quickly made a great omlet!!

This hotel is obviously run by professionals, and I had the opportunity to meet David, the Operations Manager. His energy and enthusiasm for making sure that me and my group had the best stay possible was... well awesome. Numerous times I saw him smiling and interacting with everyone from other employees in suits, to guests, to the housecleaning staff with a smile on his face and a genunie desire to make people happy. Great job to everyone, thank you for your hospitality, and I will be sure to return as soon as possible!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to point out a couple of our employees that provided you with excellent service. I will make sure to pass your comments along to all of our staff. We hope to see you again in the near future!