“Dinner with Kids”

Urban Sombrero
Ranked #236 of 3,483 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Description: The Urban Sombrero in Denver serves more than great Mexican food, we're also a passionate Sports Bar, where residents from Denver and beyond have come to cheer on their favorite team, or to drown out the sorrows of their losses. Our menu includes a wide variety of new and traditional Mexican fare, including Burritos, Chimichangas, Carnitas and more. Our burger selection features 1/2 lb grass fed beef, paired with high quality ingredients. You really can't go wrong, a solid selection of Mexican food, flowing beer and Margaritas, and large TV's, nowhere else really compares.
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We were here on two separate trips and had a great experience both times. We sampled both the shrimp and chicken fajitas, the guacamole, a grilled chicken taco and the house margarita. All items were very good. The service was friendly and quick. We will be back!

Rob G, Owner at Urban Sombrero, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thanks for continuing to visit us, Sarah! From your shrimp and chicken fajitas to the house margarita and everything in between, I'm so glad both of your meals left you full and satisfied. Can't wait to see what you try the next time around!

Until then,

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We bring a group of about 80 high school seniors out to Colorado for senior trip every year. Our first night, we stay in Denver to acclimate to the altitude - this year, we wanted a break from the usual pizza - we wanted to do something different so my wife found Urban Sombrero.

Sam and Johnny took AMAZING care of us. They came a couple hours early to the Homewood Suites (Denver Airport) where we were staying for the evening and surveyed the meeting room to make sure that they had ample room to set up. They returned right on time and set up a great fajita bar with steak fajitas, chicken fajitas, rice, refried beans and all the fixings. The star of the show, however, was the guacamole. Super fresh with lots of mix ins (tomatoes, onions, etc)

When it looked like we were running low - they quickly called for and brought more food. After the meal - they cleaned up above and beyond what was necessary.

I'd highly recommend them for catering if you are ever in the area and have a need.

Rob G, Owner at Urban Sombrero, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you so much for bringing your group to grab a meal with us, Chad! My team and I were happy to set you guys up with the fajita bar -- we're glad everyone liked it. We hope everyone had a great trip, and if you're ever around Denver again, be sure to come in for a meal!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Casey was my waitress, what a fantastic job she did. Very quick and I never waited for a thing. The food came out hot and delicious. Give them a try.

Rob G, Owner at Urban Sombrero, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thanks for having dinner with us! I'm glad Casey could serve you up something delicious in a polite, timely manner. Hope to have you back for another meal sooner rather than later!

Until next time,

Reviewed 9 February 2018

We had 3 dishes. One was amply generous in portion size and taste. The other two were mediocre in taste and stingy in portion size for the high price. The Mexican places we frequent are hard to compare to, but way cheaper for the portions and taste. Green chili was just okay, too tomato-ey. We ordered a shared appetizer and no one thought to bring us plates on which to serve ourselves and eat so as not to double dip. We made it clear there was an allergy, yet my plate was delivered to me with said allergen. We are one and done here with regard to the Mexican fare, but may try again for a burger just because we believe in giving second chances.

Rob G, Owner at Urban Sombrero, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

While I'm glad one of your dishes hit the spot, I'm sorry the other choices fell flat in comparison. As far as the allergen goes, we're always happy to take back your order and fix you up with the correct order, so never hesitate to let us know when something like that happens. That said, I do hope you'll join us for dinner and drinks another time, so we can improve upon this last visit and give you a fantastic dining experience.

All the best,

Reviewed 1 February 2018

I stopped here for dinner while on a business trip, and was totally impressed with the food. Prices were very reasonable, and their Chimichanga's were huge and very tasty. I will go back when I'm in Denver.

Rob G, Owner at Urban Sombrero, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thanks for giving us a try! I'm glad our Chimichangas mad for the perfect dinner. Anytime you're back in Denver for business, be sure to stop by for another visit!

Until next time,