“Comparable to Other Famous Dave's”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Reserve with OpenTable
Famous Dave's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 3,482 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Stapleton
Description: WELCOME TO THE LONGEST-RUNNING BACKYARD BBQ PARTY IN HISTORY! We serve amazing BBQ to friends and fellow food lovers. Reserve your seat now and join the best BBQ party in Colorado. MADE-FROM-SCRATCH GOODNESS! A passion for authentic BBQ is behind everything we do. We start with top quality meats, hand-rub them with fresh spices, and slow-cook them to perfection. FAMOUS DAVE: HE’S THE REAL DEAL! Raised by Southern-born BBQ lovers in a world of street-corner barrel smokers, Famous Dave spent 25 years visiting thousands of BBQ joints. After decades pulling his own all-night cooking sessions, he felt he was ready to open his own BBQ place in 1994. AMERICA’S MOST AWARD-WINNING RESTAURANT! Our passion for BBQ is famous! We’re honored to be consistently chosen as America’s favorite BBQ restaurant. We also like heading out to competitions and putting our BBQ up against what the other elite pitmasters are cooking. To date, we’ve won more than 700 awards!
Reviewed 5 November 2018

I have eaten at a few Famous Dave's throughout the country. It is always good food at a decent price. Famous Dave's will not compare with some of the top BBQ joints in, say, Texas, but for a chain, they do pretty good BBQ. This site is no different.

I ordered the rib and burnt ends dinner. It comes with your choice of two sides. I got beans and mac & cheese. The ribs were very good. The burnt ends were even better. Both sides were also very good. The mac & cheese had an unexpected slight kick to it.

I had the meal delivered through Uber Eats. It came on time and still hot.

If you are in the mood for BBQ, Famous Dave's is a really good, safe choice.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank RVIDI

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I ordered through Uber Eats and ordered a beef brisket sandwich with extra sauce, extra pickles, and fries. The brisket was so fatty it was hard to get any meat from it, I had hardly any sauce, no extra pickles, no ketchup for the fries, which were cold and gross. I was very disappointed!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 9 September 2018

The food was excellent, but the service was poor. Went here with friends before the Dodgers-Rockies game and wanted food and some beers before the game. First off, we had to wait for a long time before they came to take our order. We ordered beer but apparantly a drivers license is not valid ID at this location. They told us to bring a passport, not acceptable. We had to wait a long time for our food, and even longer to pay. Wont go back here again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

For a chain this place is pretty impressive, I had the burnt ends and ribs. It was the best BBQ I've had in Colorado. The sides were average. I ordered the nachos as well and they were okay, wouldn't order them again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The Famous Dave's in NY have baby back ribs on their menu and they are great. This location does not so I had to settle for a chicken sandwich as I do not care for St Louis Style ribs.

The chicken on the sandwich and also on the roasted chicken sandwich is delicious, the sides of collards and fries also good

Service was fast and attentive.

Dessert (we took home) of bread pudding was huge and the ice that comes with it (at the the restaurant (portion big)

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK