“July Review”

Ranked #19 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver
“July Review”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

It was really nice, great location! We were on the 6th floor on a Sunday night. Noise was not that bad. Just heard early morning movements on 14th street. The space is small, but enough for 2 of us. Nice bathroom, and nice room.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

Boutique hotel feel. Only complaint was my room view was a billboard and another building and thats it

• Stayed August 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I loved everything about this hotel! The bed (and I am SUPER particular about this) was just right. So comfortable and luxurious with high count cotton sheets and duvet/down comforter.

And the bathroom was Designer Edition. Everything was spotless. The staff was friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Location was great! Right near the art museum, famous theatre and shopping/restaurants

It was my first trip to Denver and I would never stay anywhere else when I return there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed at the Teatro before and absolutely loved it, so was excited to stay again. My company's travel agency booked a room for me at $179, our "negotiated rate". When I arrived, I was told that I was staying in a "Petite Queen", and, for a small fee, I could upgrade to a King room, which was larger & had a bigger bathtub, etc. etc. I answered that I would be happy to have a King room, if I didn't have to pay extra. He went on about how many of their customers happily do this and I really should think about it...I had to say no two or three times!
I finally got to my room, which was tiny and rigtht next to the elevator. Punishment for not paying for an upgrade?

Found out later that my colleague, who had booked through a website, was paying the same rate that I was, but she had an enormous King room.

My point? If you are going to mention an upgrade at checkin, it should be gratis! I know what kind of room was booked! You have the nicer room available, but you want to sell it to me and make me despise you instead of give it to me and make me love you? Shame on you.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Jody K
Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 June 2012

What a truly fantastic hotel! Great location in the theater district, within walking distance to Larimer Square and the 16th Street Mall. Hotel staff is friendly and highly competent. Interior decor is the right mix of old world style with new and shiny everything from bathroom fixtures to bed pillows, closet hangars, and hallway lights. Though valet parking is expensive, it is worth the $29/day because they give you free access to your car whenever you need it. Parking structure close by charges $19 every time you go in and metered street parking is very tricky since Denver is huge on giving out parking tickets. Room on the eight floor had view of Four Seasons across the street but the inside was super clean and comfortable. Complimentary ride to within two miles of the hotel also gives another option for those with no car, since that takes you a long ways around the downtown Denver area. Valets are knowledgeable about the city and how best to get around, volunteering maps and walking routes for newcomers at all times. Attentive service and boutique feel distinguishes this hotel from many other high end options in the area.

Room Tip: Staircase and elevators are located centrally in hotel so there is no room too far from access point...