“This is a rip off!!!!!!”

Brooks Tower Furnished Apartments at 16th Street Mall
New Mexico
“This is a rip off!!!!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I made reservations a month ahead of time for six nights and Larry Keyser charged my cedit card right away instead of when I arrived. Larry Keyser charged me for seven nights on my credit card, although I only stayed six. Larry also promised me parking for $15 a day, which I never got, had to find parking elsewhere every day for around $20 to $30 a day. No credit given on my credit card for any of these over charges. Before I left I cleaned up, washed my towels and bedding, and took out the trash. I was not required to do this, but being a Landlord myself, I don't like to leave a mess behind for someone else to clean up. About 8 hrs. after checking out, Larry calls me and said there was a very expensive vase missing from the apt. and using the F word towards me. I am a very honest person and would never steal. This upset me very much. Also, I can say the photos he sent me were not the same apt. I got. The apt. I got had nothing of value in it - all Wal-mart furniture. There were two vases in the apt. that came from a dollar store. I absolutely would never stay there again. Larry Keyser is a crook, cheat and a liar!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank tuttor
Manager2011_11, Manager at Brooks Tower Furnished Apartments at 16th Street Mall, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
This is a grossly false review. We invite all prospective clients to contact us and we will have you contact our guests currently staying with us so you have "Reviews in Real Time".
We have many reviews also available on our website.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Everything looked good until we arrived. Not the room we were shown in pictures. It had a sign on the door warning of bed bugs. We tried to contact the property manager and left a message. Did no receive a response until 2 days later. In the mean time we went to another location. We have been informed we will not be able to get a refund and were charged a cancellation fee. Bad form.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank guerpm
We have many reviews also available on our website.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Everything in the initial interaction seemed fine. The manager, Larry Kaiser, was very quick and helpful, until we had a problem, actually several problems during our stay. We were promised another suite that turned out to be unavailable at check in.

The suite we received was OK (smaller and with fewer amenities, but actually quite nice), but was not available until late on the day of our arrival. This proved to be very inconvenient and took a while to resolve, as the manager actually is not on site and was not available by phone. Turns out he rents these units from Florida.

We had an issue with the suite once we arrived and were again unable to reach the manager. The final rub came with the billing. We were charged for the original suite and now it seems there is nothing we can do about it.

The manager acted totally differently after our stay than before. All he could do is give us excuses and say he is going to take care of it. And now he will not answer his phone or return our calls.

Pathetic.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else,
Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank esellnow
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Everybody below that has written a comment has a clearly justified concern. Initial interaction with management was great, Larry K. However follow through was touchy.
The apartment it's self is great and i can't take that away. Beautiful view , clean, great beds, beautiful benefits, great gym. I would truly say better than a hotel.

HOWEVER....in a hotel you have say, you are treated as a customer, the idea being your comfort and the money you dish out means something. The owner is not a customer oriented person, sorry to say. Instead of helping his customer with a very small issue of check out time, he charged for a full day , via email. Not with a call not with notification, just said i'm charging you and pretty much nothing you can do about it. So In final you are better paying more at a hotel than dealing with last minute unprofessional dealings. BUYER BEWARE, you are PAYING FOR WHAT YOU GET.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Profvisit
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Brooks Towers was a great place to stay. I came to visit my daughter. Super convenient, and close to 16th street where there are a lot of restaurants. Service gets three stars because front desk girl was snappy with my husband. Can't remember her name, but she works weekdays. Sure she won't be around long, so I would still recommend Brooks Towers.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo