“Name Change but Just as Good”
Review of Amanda May's Cafe - CLOSED

Amanda May's Cafe
Reviewed 14 September 2015

This restaurant is now named A&J's but the food is just as good if not better. We almost didnt go in since we saw the ownership change but we were pleasantly surprised. A nice young couple is now running the place. The food was extra fresh and the pumpkin milkshake was absolutely delicious. We will definitely be back. Money well spent!!

1  Thank jerryp

Reviewed 25 August 2015

Healthy, delicious, homemade sandwiches! The new chef is fantastic! We began each day with their delicious coffee products, then it turned into lunches, as well. The owner (female) was super friendly and helpful!

1  Thank Becky W
Reviewed 3 November 2014

My wife and I stopped by here to eat since reading reviews in Tripadvisor. We were not sorry. The food was very good at a reasonable price. The service was great with great atmosphere. On the day we visited there was a gentleman strumming a guitar and singing songs. It was a great way to enjoy a meal in an old time town. Would definitely recommend a visit to this eatery.

Reviewed 13 October 2014

For those of you who have been to Cripple Creek, you know that the quality of restaurants in general is lacking. It is difficult to get a really good meal in this town.

We tried Amanda May's and found the food to be quite good! The "Hot Chips" are a treat. The Chicken with Bacon Wrap sandwich I had was excellent. In fact, all of the food being served looked good!

The building the restaurant is in has a lot of character. It is tastefully decorated in an old west motif.

They had a guitar player / vocalist playing while we were there. We enjoyed the tunes and appreciated that the volume was low enough that we could still hold a conversation.

We will be going back to Amanda May's Cafe. You should try it too!

1  Thank Ultimatetravelking
Reviewed 30 September 2014

While strolling the downtown streets of Cripple Creek looking for somewhere to have lunch that wasn't a casino, my partner and I found this gem. I can already say that next time I visit Cripple Creek, THIS is where I will take friends visiting from other states. The food is excellent and made with all fresh local/organic ingredients. I had a SW Turkey Club half sandwich & a cup of their amazing green chili soup. That soup is insanely good! For drinks, an espresso while dining and then Amanda herself whipped us up two americanos to go. Both were the best I've had since being in Colorado a month and a half now. Tasty food, great views, relaxing/inviting atmosphere (and great prices) make Amanda May's my new favorite cafe in CO. I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Jonathon G