“Nice find in Cripple Creek”
Review of Amanda May's Cafe - CLOSED

Amanda May's Cafe
Reviewed 13 October 2014

For those of you who have been to Cripple Creek, you know that the quality of restaurants in general is lacking. It is difficult to get a really good meal in this town.

We tried Amanda May's and found the food to be quite good! The "Hot Chips" are a treat. The Chicken with Bacon Wrap sandwich I had was excellent. In fact, all of the food being served looked good!

The building the restaurant is in has a lot of character. It is tastefully decorated in an old west motif.

They had a guitar player / vocalist playing while we were there. We enjoyed the tunes and appreciated that the volume was low enough that we could still hold a conversation.

We will be going back to Amanda May's Cafe. You should try it too!

1  Thank Ultimatetravelking

Reviewed 30 September 2014

While strolling the downtown streets of Cripple Creek looking for somewhere to have lunch that wasn't a casino, my partner and I found this gem. I can already say that next time I visit Cripple Creek, THIS is where I will take friends visiting from other states. The food is excellent and made with all fresh local/organic ingredients. I had a SW Turkey Club half sandwich & a cup of their amazing green chili soup. That soup is insanely good! For drinks, an espresso while dining and then Amanda herself whipped us up two americanos to go. Both were the best I've had since being in Colorado a month and a half now. Tasty food, great views, relaxing/inviting atmosphere (and great prices) make Amanda May's my new favorite cafe in CO. I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Jonathon G
Reviewed 29 September 2014

We stopped in for lunch recently and the place was filled to capacity. We had an excellent lunch which included a burrito, cheeseburger, the Coloradan, and the Club sandwich. All were excellent and made with fresh ingredients. I had the Club and let me tell you, it was so huge I had a hard time getting my mouth around it! The kids enjoyed playing chess while waiting for our food. There were other games available and for our entertainment that day, there was also a gentleman singing and playing his guitar. A nice little spot to enjoy lunch in Cripple Creek.

1  Thank Wyocowgirl94
Reviewed 20 September 2014

We found Amanda Mays on tripadvisor when we stopped in Cripple Creek for lunch. We did not want to eat in a smokey casino. My wife and I had the Adult Grilled Cheese sandwich and the potato soup.
The cheese sandwich has three or four cheeses with mushrooms and roasted red pepper. Outstanding! The soup had perfectly cooked cubes of potatoes and other root vegetables, topped with melted cheese. Best potato soup I have ever eaten.

The sign outside is small so it is a little hard to find but make the effort and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 8 September 2014

We were just roaming around and we passed through Cripple Creek. It was raining the the Main Street was torn up and blocked off. The town appeared to be occupied by a bunch of seedy casinos. I found this place on TA and it happened to be right across from where I was parked.
They use all local organic food. I got a Reuben panini and it was really scrumptious. Just what I needed to get back on the road.

1  Thank Len V