“Ditto Everyone Else”
Review of Amanda May's Cafe - CLOSED

Amanda May's Cafe
Reviewed 8 September 2014

We were just roaming around and we passed through Cripple Creek. It was raining the the Main Street was torn up and blocked off. The town appeared to be occupied by a bunch of seedy casinos. I found this place on TA and it happened to be right across from where I was parked.
They use all local organic food. I got a Reuben panini and it was really scrumptious. Just what I needed to get back on the road.

1  Thank Len V

Reviewed 4 September 2014 via mobile

We were on our way to the middle of town to grab some lunch when our way was thwarted by extreme construction taking up the entire road. By happy circumstance, we ducked into the nearest place to eat (Amanda May's!) and it was fantastic. Everyone was super friendly and the food was great. Amanda herself made our paninis. By far, the best sandwiches we've found in all of Colorado. Amanda clearly cares about quality and told us she only uses lunch meat made without nitrates or preservatives. In a state that is chock full of chain restaurants, it was so refreshing to find a family owned place cranking out seriously tasty food!

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped by Cripple Creek for lunch and decided to try Amanda May's based on the trip advisor reviews. Glad we did! It is tucked at the back of the bldg, but don't let that bother you! Service was very prompt. I had the chicken ranch on a wrap and my husband had the turkey club panini. Both were delicious. We splurged on had the hot chips. Ours were spicy hot and tasty. A nice change from ordinary chips.

Unfortunately downtown Cripple Creek was torn up by construction and we did not get the photos we wanted. It was worth the stop for lunch!

1  Thank Susanleeco
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I do find the "pickings" a bit slim in Cripple Creek - most people are around for the gaming - however, this is a nice restaurant/coffee shop that even had a singer while we were there. The owner cares about the food she is serving, and it shows!

2  Thank randisbrown
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Interesting little cafe. Very friendly, good service! Phenominal Green Chili. Our daughter says best eggs ever.