All reviews cinnamon rolls other guests hot tub fresh baked cookies french toast in town bed and breakfast owners chris place to stay a true gem egg dishes dog treats each morning b and b beer and wine afternoon cookies complimentary bikes
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Just left the Ruby after a 3 night stay. First, the breakfasts were amazing, worth the stay just for that! Our room (#1) was cute, clean and comfortable. Our only wish was for a little more shelf or countertop space in the bathroom. On our arrival they presented me with a huge slice of one of the best carrot cakes I’ve had. Great location for Crested Butte downtown. A+ accommodations.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

A stay at the Ruby feels like you’re in the comfort of your own home .... except your every need has been anticipated and Chris is cooking you an amazing fresh breakfast every morning!!

I LOVED the pillows and sheets. A week later I’m still thinking about them! The hot tub and bikes are also perfect accessories for getting active in this adorable mountain town.

Beyond the Ruby being hands down the most lovely place to stay in CB, Chris and Andrea are spectacular hosts. They have a fascinating story behind the Ruby and they are there to make your trip amazing. Really, ask them anything and they’ll do their best to help you out.

Even with all of the coziness of the breakfasts and warmth of the hosts, I often felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. The perfect combo!

We’re already thinking about our next trip...

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The Ruby Inn is a charming home within walking distance of the main drag in Crested Butte (Elk Street). It is well appointed and impeccably clean and comfortable. The common areas are wonderful, and they have treats, games, books, throws, and beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. They also have a hot tub which we did not use. The grounds are well maintained and inviting. The breakfast was 5 stars all the way with hearty, tasty offerings. We had French toast, a wonderful egg dish, a Danish pancake, a light and tasty yogurt/fruit parfait and delicious cappuccinos. The hosts (Andrea and Chris) were 5 star too, and were helpful and accommodating with our late check in time. The room was fine, although small, and the bathroom was actually just outside and down the hall from the room. This was Ok, but the hallway was open to a common area that I did not know we could close off with a door until we left. The bathroom was small and only had a shower (we stayed in room 5...Andrea told me all the other rooms include a bathtub, but not #5). The water pressure in the shower was not great. I realize there must be a water saving device installed, but I’m not sure how much water is saves when your shower lasts more than twice as long due to lack of water pressure. Additionally the bed sagged in the middle a bit. The mattress was comfortable, but the frame itself seemed to need some reinforcing. Overall we had a lovely stay, except for the minor issues mentioned, which resulted in a 4 star overall review.

Room tip: I would not recommend room #5
Reviewed 27 August 2018

From the moment we pulled up to this place and saw the lovely, charming exterior, we knew this was going to be a special experience. Then we walked in. The smell of freshly baked cookies was in the air and we were greeted by Andrea, who made us feel like we were family. We were shown to our beautifully appointed rooms with high end amenities in the bathrooms. The home was decorated in a relaxed but elegant fashion and had all the comforts of home. There is a charming backyard with flowers and a jacuzzi in the back room of the house. They have complimentary bikes in front of the house, which we rode a few blocks into town to get dinner. We had forgotten a few toiletry items, which they actually went to the local pharmacy to buy for us and had them in our rooms when we returned from dinner! We had to leave early in the morning and Andrea's husband and very talented chef got up extra early in the morning to cook us the most exquisite gourmet breakfast of french toast and poached eggs, that were all prepared in a very unusual way. We didn't want to leave! We have already requested to stay there again next summer during the wild flower festival. This is a real gem and not to be missed!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

From beginning to end this short stay my daughter and I enjoyed at Ruby's was simply awesome. Be it the great location, the spotless and extremely well appointed home, the fleet of bicycles, the friendly intelligently humorous owner who happens to also be a gourmet chef, or the comfortable laid back homeyness of the place, Ruby's exceeded expectations. Thanks for the experience and I hope one day to return for another dose of awesomeness.

Trip type: Travelled with family