3 people are viewing this hotel
$284
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
travelup.com
$366
Trip.com
$272
Agoda.com$304
Travelocity$288
Traveluro$277
All reviews murphy bed king suite hot tub ski boots cookies ski trip coffee maker town shuttle runs every minutes free bus ski valet kitchenette slopes skiing dishwasher lodge summer
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2022

We are a family of 4 and the suite with the king size bed and pull out couch works perfectly for us. The location is excellent. The staff is helpful and responsive. We've been coming here for the last 3 years and if there is ever an issue, the staff has helped us out right away. We always enjoy the pool and hot tub amenities after a day of skiing, too.

Reviewed 27 March 2022

The view from out the windows was literally a pile of garage bags. There was no hot water, the front desk manager told me to just let it run for ten to fifteen minutes till it warmed up. After a few minutes the water in the tub was so backed up I figure the tub would overflow before the water was hot so I turned it off. Luckily around 3 in the afternoon there was hot water so I could shower before going to a wedding. There was constant noise. Not just from the hallway, dogs, ski boots, kids yelling, etc. but there was constant noise in the walls. Drilling from someone installing a closet in the unit above, something like the sound of an hvac unit constantly resetting. The room itself was clean, but dingy and smelled sort of stale. It was by far the worst hotel I can remember staying. I would never go back. I mentioned a few of the things to the front desk manager when checking out and she said, yeah, it’s been a rough couple of days here. Can’t really blame her, more of a bad reflection on Vail resorts. It would have been nice to been offered some sort of something, but nope. It was just just overall and awful experience. Oh and I can’t comment on housekeeping bc they never came by.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2022 via mobile

I was skeptical staying here based on a few bad reviews but I will say that I rate our stay 9.5 out of 10. Location is great and I have zero negative things to say that wouldn’t be just complaining to be negative. Grab and go breakfast was good! Hot tub, pool and fitness center A+
I’ll be back for sure!

Room tip: Great location! It’s sucks that The Avalanche Bar is closing in April. It’s the best place to eat and drink in the village.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2022

I just got back from a 4 night stay on the 3rd floor of Grand Lodge. The location is excellent: 1 minute walk to slopes, 1 minute walk to free bus that stops at Clarks grocery, restaurants and town. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. We had no problem storing skis on the first floor. The hot tub was perfect, and everyone enjoyed it so much. The cleaning staff was always available for extra towels, etc. Having 2 TVs and a well stocked kitchenette in the room was so great. The upscale coffee shop and ski rental is also a block away. A small grocery store with great deli sandwiches and alcohol is across the street. We will definitely be back and stay at the Grand Lodge again!

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 3 February 2022 via mobile

We had a nice one bedroom king room, roomy and nice. Complete kitchenette with silverware and cooking utensils. To save money on food go to Clark’s Market In Crested Butte, huge grocery store , so you can cook in the kitchenette. Unlike Vail, prices at the local restaurants are very reasonable. TV’s in both rooms. Ample parking. Quick check in and fast friendly service. Close and easy walk to the main ski lifts, 5-10 minutes. Two minor issues, the hot water ran out in the shower after a couple of minutes and the in house restaurant was only open in the morning. Would have been nice to have a burger and beer in house. Those are minor issues and I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Weekdays were quiet, no lift lines and the mountain was uncrowded. Crested Butte is a lot further from Denver so it’s laid back and quieter.
Date of stay: February 2022