All reviews beer tasting twin buttes hot chocolate bar gourmet breakfast other guests charming b b expert chef his guest crisp mountain air bulletin board an amazing host store leftovers each evening every morning dietary restrictions private balcony gave great
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Having a caring, thoughtful owner on site makes for a great experience. Chris starts the morning with an amazing breakfast, shares ideas for activities, provides maps and directions and then provides a beer sampling at 5:00 p.m. It was fun to meet other guests and share our adventures. We loved the home made soap, complimentary tea and coffee, a refrigerator to store leftovers. Purple Mt Lodge B&B is an easy walk to the restaurants and stores. Will plan to return.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My husband and I are well-traveled and were incredibly impressed with our stay at the Purple Mt. Lodge B and B. Our room on the lower level was gorgeous and we had a screen door that opened up to the yard. Perfect for our dog. There was a hot tub in excellent working order in the yard, also, which we were able to enjoy. The breakfasts were amazingly delicious and beautifully presented. We were able to walk into town to eat dinner and could walk out our door to beautiful hiking trails. The kitchen was well-stocked with a vast variety of teas, hot chocolate, granola bars which one could relax with in the cozy living room with a gas fireplace. The owner is a walking encyclopedia on beer and wines and he offered information and glasses of cold beer or wine to enjoy at 5:00 every day. There is a spa available right in the house if you are so inclined.
It was a perfect get away for us and I plan to highly recommend this B and B every chance I get.
Eileen and Mark Kleiman

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eileen K
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a great time at the Purple Mountain Bed and Breakfast. Chris is an excellent host full of knowledge about the area from great biking trails, hikes, off roading spots, scenic drives, and most importantly Crested Butte's plethora of great places to eat. Chris makes killer breakfast each morning and the beer tasting at 5pm is not to miss. Also you must try the tandem bicycle as a couple!

Thanks for a great time Purple Mountain B&B!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jared T
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Purple Mountain B&B for 5 nights during the first week of August in the Whetstone room. The Inn was adorable and the Whetstone room was comfy and roomy. We loved the private balcony that overlooked the beautiful backyard, nearby B&Bs and the very top of Crested Butte mountain. The breakfasts were amazing! We didn't need to eat again until dinner. Chris gave great hiking recommendations (Lost Lake was our favorite-easier hike for those not used to large elevation gains). When there was a scheduling issue with our couples massage they handled very courteously--great customer service. There are bikes available and a hot tub in the backyard. It's an easy walk to nearby restaurants, bars, and shops on Elk. We had a wonderful time!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jill5579
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Although my wife and I have never stayed at a B&B in Crested Butte other than Purple Mountain B&B, I cannot imagine that there is a better one. Our recent stay was our third, and it was as excellent as our previous two stays in past years. Chris Haver is a master of the B&B concept. His attention to detail, warm gregarious personality and excellent breakfasts make for a relaxed, if not pampered, visit. And, besides breakfast, Chris hosts a daily beer social hour with a featured beer of the day along with three or four others that he describes in detail. He also offers wine, if beer is not to your taste. We stayed in Twin Buttes, as we have in the past. Although Chris provides plenty of bikes for his guests, my wife and I found it more convenient to walk the short distance downtown. If there is a complaint, it is with internet connection, but that is a complaint about CB's inadequate internet service and not about Purple Mountain. My wife and I fully intend to return soon.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
haverc, Owner at Purple Mountain Lodge Bed & Breakfast and Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dennis - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It was absolutely great having the two of you back again. I also like the pictures! Beer tasting is always such a great time to catch up with everyone at the end of the day. And you are right about the internet in Crested Butte. It seems like the busier town gets, the slower it is. However, I have some good news. They are currently laying new fiberoptic cable to town and we should have great speeds come October. Take care and enjoy the rest of your summer!