Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2019 via mobile

I was short on options when choosing forest queen. What a treat it turned out to be! Great location right opposite the shuttle stop; engaging passionate hands-on owner in Doug; friendly staff who Doug obviously looks after well. It’s nothing fancy but it did me just fine. Stayed 6 nights and was sorry to leave. Highly recommend the place!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Douglas D, Owner at Forest Queen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2019

Thank you for staying with us. We enjoyed having you as a guest for the past week. I wish you happy travels and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 January 2019

This was the worst hotel/motel/hostel visit of my life.
I have been visiting crested butte every year for the past 24 years. I have walked by the forest queen hotel countless times and thought that it was historic and charming.
Last year, after a 3 day backcountry camping trip, my husband and I realized that we needed a place to sleep in town before our flight out of gunnison in the morning.
All we needed was a warm clean room where we could sleep. We weren't looking for anything luxurious. We had just been camping in a tent in the mountains for 3 days, anything would have felt luxe after that!
... unfortunately when we showed up at the forest queen, we immediately realized that we'd made a big mistake. The stairs were covered in beer and when we got upstairs, the hallway was PACKED with 18-22 year olds with their doors open, screaming from room to room and blasting music. It was like being a freshman in college again. During orientation week. There were dogs running in the hallway barking.
We closed ourselves in our room, and decided we'd escape for dinner and that hopefully the pregaming would have died down by the time we were back.
... when we returned, it was worse than ever.
It seemed that more people were in the hallway, and the party continued. By this point, the bar downstairs was in full swing, and our entire room was pulsing from the music. The bed was actually shaking. It was unbearable.
That was when I realized that the walls to our room weren't actual walls - they weren't drywall and studs - they were just single sheets of particleboard stapled together at the seams. So when people were yelling to eachother down the hallway, it felt like they were standing at the foot of the bed with a bullhorn.
Embarrassing to say, I sat in bed and cried for an hour or two. I was so frustrated I couldn't speak or sleep. I was so angry. I have waited 10 months to write this review because I was so so so angry and frustrated. It was the worst night's sleep of my life. A HORRIBLE final night to an otherwise perfect visit to Crested Butte, my favorite place in the world.
I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tess M
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a perfect location on Elk Avenue. Finding a parking spot can be a challenge but you won’t need your car again. The bed was comfortable and the creek next to our room provided lovely sounds to sleep by. There is ample, if low pressure, hot water and the towels are thick and soft. Wifi was decent.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Forrest Green Hotel owned by Douglass Dodd and located on "main street" in the beautiful little Colorado town of Crested Butte offers clean rooms and comfy beds where each room is decorated to show off the beauty of Colorado. Friendly manager Christine Claucey makes you fell right at home. Great perk!! The Coal Creek Grill owned by Douglass Dodd, highly recognized Chef is located below in the same building of the hotel. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner was delicious. Try their signature homemade Banana Nut Bread and desserts that are out if this world made by Pastry Chef Christine Claucey.

Open Tuesday - Sunday

Breakfast 8:00-11:30

Lunch/Dinner from 12:00 daily

$2 Micro Brew Pints 3pm-6pm

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Clean, super cozy, and friendly staff. A cozy and comfortable place to lay your head while staying in town. Puts you right in the town center and gives you great access to activities near the ski mountain. Slept like a baby with the roaring river going right passed my room.

Date of stay: June 2017