All reviews wooden beams home from home b and b twin room loft serena eaves accommodation guests reading
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Last minute decision to stay out of Reading, all I can say is I am so pleased I did.
Lovely place, quiet, clean, comfortable and very welcoming.
No hesitation in recommending to friends.
Nice Donkey paintings as well!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

What a little gem of a place. Some 5 miles from Reading but it felt like you were in the middle of the countryside and far away from city life.
Quite idiosyncratic, no 2 rooms are the same, and so if you are expecting standard Premier Inn or IBIS style rooms, then this might not be for you.
Also quite hard to find initially and you do need to drive to find somewhere for your evening meal.
My room this stay was up in the eaves of the house. Twin room that such reminded me of youthful stays in seaside cottages. Really evocative. Small but very well formed, and everything was exceptionally clean.
Breakfast was good and served in a wonderful dining room.
Woken to chickens calling in the farm yard opposite, probably one of the best alarms you could have.
All in all a good stay. Warm and friendly landlady. Calming and cheering. I could see how this would work any time of the year.
Has set me up for another day in the office. Thank you.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank eqrou
littleparkfarm, Owner at Little Park Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you for your review, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the farm.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

An absolutely delightful experience and a real home from home.

Serena and Simon are a lovely couple and you really do feel as if you are sharing their family home - it's even a delight to hear the very occasional squabbles between their three delightful and well behaved children.

The main guestrooms are in an attic conversion - just mind your head as the headroom can be a little bit low sometimes. There is a communal area for the guests with really comfy sofas and a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave, which means you can self-cater to a limited extent. Really useful if, like me, your day starts before breakfast and I was able to have some cereal.

My only regret is not finding this place sooner and having to endure Travelodge / Days In blandness for the two previous weeks - as a previous poster commented this place is the antithesis of chain hotels.

Yes it could be tricky to find but follow the directions Serena sends you in advance and you will not go wrong.

For eating out there is a great selection of pubs / restaurants within a 15 minute drive - just do what I did and go for a random drive and see what you find - if you're less adventurous just ask Serena or Simon for ideas.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2016

I stayed in the twin room which is lovely, in fact the whole house was lovely. I didn't mind not being greeted but I did mind that although our arrival was not unexpected the heating wasn't on and it was extremely cold until the mother in law turned up a couple of hours later and sorted it out. Breakfast was delicious using good quality ingredients, but the cleaner said she was leaving soon and could she do our room immediately ? We thought this would be ok but it's actually quite difficult to pack, clean teeth etc when someone is trying to clean around you. So a mixed bag really, we were left feeling a bit in the way. Reading the other reviews though I guess this is a blip and we just chose a bad day.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2016

We stayed at this B & B and found it very welcoming, comfortable and a lovely breakfast. The position was perfect for us as we were going to London the next day. We had a twin room with very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
littleparkfarm, Owner at Little Park Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Thank you for your comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Best wishes, Serena