All reviews wooden beams home from home b and b twin room loft serena eaves accommodation guests reading
Reviewed 28 February 2017

An absolutely delightful experience and a real home from home.

Serena and Simon are a lovely couple and you really do feel as if you are sharing their family home - it's even a delight to hear the very occasional squabbles between their three delightful and well behaved children.

The main guestrooms are in an attic conversion - just mind your head as the headroom can be a little bit low sometimes. There is a communal area for the guests with really comfy sofas and a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave, which means you can self-cater to a limited extent. Really useful if, like me, your day starts before breakfast and I was able to have some cereal.

My only regret is not finding this place sooner and having to endure Travelodge / Days In blandness for the two previous weeks - as a previous poster commented this place is the antithesis of chain hotels.

Yes it could be tricky to find but follow the directions Serena sends you in advance and you will not go wrong.

For eating out there is a great selection of pubs / restaurants within a 15 minute drive - just do what I did and go for a random drive and see what you find - if you're less adventurous just ask Serena or Simon for ideas.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2016

I stayed in the twin room which is lovely, in fact the whole house was lovely. I didn't mind not being greeted but I did mind that although our arrival was not unexpected the heating wasn't on and it was extremely cold until the mother in law turned up a couple of hours later and sorted it out. Breakfast was delicious using good quality ingredients, but the cleaner said she was leaving soon and could she do our room immediately ? We thought this would be ok but it's actually quite difficult to pack, clean teeth etc when someone is trying to clean around you. So a mixed bag really, we were left feeling a bit in the way. Reading the other reviews though I guess this is a blip and we just chose a bad day.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2016

We stayed at this B & B and found it very welcoming, comfortable and a lovely breakfast. The position was perfect for us as we were going to London the next day. We had a twin room with very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
littleparkfarm, Owner at Little Park Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Thank you for your comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Best wishes, Serena

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Its not often that I book accommodation based purely on locality but I was attending a family wedding at a nearby venue and this was the closest place and within my price bracket.
Upon arrival (do follow the sat nav directions & instructions given to you by Serena!!) I was welcomed by Serena and shown my room which was on the top floor. As others have said it is a bit strange to be going to your guest room via their living accommodation but it did make you relax and feel part of the household rather than merely a paying guest. The room was really comfortable and well-appointed and with a really tranquil view - but just a word of warning to anyone 6 foot or over that there are lots of low celings and beams on the top floor!!
Breakfast was delicious with a wide a choice fruit, cereals, fresh bread - and I had eggs and bacon both mornings; the eggs being freshly laid at the farm. One morning it was cooked by Serena and the next morning it was cooked by Simon - a real family affair.
Its a real pity that I am unlikely to need to stay in the area in the foreseeable future as I would have no hesitation in returning to such a welcoming, comfortable, relaxing, and tranquil place. If you need accommodation near Reading then I totally recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
littleparkfarm, Owner at Little Park Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Dear Tony, thanks for your great review, we are really delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Serena

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

I like staying here. Very homely feel although you can keep yourself to yourself if you prefer. Warm welcome received there by Serena. Always worth a stay and good value Rooms very comfortable and breakfast is also available and tasty. Highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
littleparkfarm, Owner at Little Park Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Thanks for your review