“Good hamburgers”
Review of Como Depot Eating House - CLOSED

Como Depot Eating House
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

The food was yummy. After working 12hrs in Lakewood, Colorado. I worked up a good apetite. My boyfriend had a burger and fries and I had salmon, rice and veggies. It was very good. Thank you. Rita Bennett from Westminster, Colorado.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Short but sweet menu. Enough choices to satisfy our families varied tastes though. Good tap beer choices. Our evening was highlighted by the resident solo acoustic performer George and his original composition, "Spanish Sunset"!! Thanks George!! See you next time!

1  Thank DanaPointMom
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We took John Fielders recommendation from Best of Colorado and visited Como Depot Eating House. We were pleasantly surprised given its location, virtually in the middle of nowhere. (We wanted to use the Borreas Pass to get to Breckenridge because of the views along the way.) My wife thoroughly enjoyed the veggie Depot Burrito; it was huge with lot of good stuff inside. The Como Burger that I ordered was great and just the right size (8 ounces angus burger). Service was bit slow but we had been warned of a "backup in the kitchen" in advance. The building was well restored, and I guess is also a bed and breakfast. On the Saturday afternoon that we visited, there was live guitar music to add a bit to the ambience.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

When we go to Colorado we always try to eat here. I love it. It is such a unique place. Love the history and setting. And the food is very good. I love the shrimp quesadillas. Great flavor, all very fresh and well prepared. My husband had the ribeye and it was very very good. Service is great. Check out when it is open, the hours do vary.
I find some of the other reviews fairly interesting. This is a truly unique "eating house" in a TINY old mining town in the middle of ranch country. Small eating house, small town, small menu. But the food is great and the atmosphere totally original. Don't expect a huge menu, and large staff. If you're in a big hurry, and want a multi page menu - probably it is best to go elsewhere.
Personally, I like the family atmosphere. Including the ten year old busboy, the occasional dog, the locals at the small bar, and the owner there taking drink orders and sharing the history of this unique place. Restoring this place has been a huge project and I think it was certainly worth it.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We went through Boreas Pass from Breckenridge so finding a decent place to eat was great. The food was very good, especially the bread pudding. Really enjoyed the old pictures of the town and the history.