All reviews room was clean small kitchenette pikes peak parking lot is old chicago front desk staff would stay again the breakfast area top floor nice place to stay location is great business trip off the highway easy access early check an upgrade gas station
Reviewed 17 October 2018

I was here for two nights, and this hotel is very good. My room was smallish but good and comfortable. I had no problems at all with noise from outside.
Breakfast was excellent, and staff was super friendly.
They offer discounts with a couple of good eating places in walking distance.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2018

Stayed for 2 nights recently for business in the area. The hotel is everything you expect from HIE brand. Rooms clean, good amenities, but the shower is the bathtub style that is almost dangerous to stand in. Judging by the litany of toilets and tubs behind the hotel they were doing an upgrade. Free parking, usual HIE breakfast offerings, decent staff and value. This area has many hotels to chose from but I was not completely disappointed , okay in my view

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Colorado Springs North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Hi CD R,

Thank you for staying with us. While I am glad to know that our hotel was able to meet your expectations, I was also concerned to see that you were not completely impressed with our bathrooms. Sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced and I'll let our team know for necessary improvements. I know we still have a lot of room for improvement so if you have any other comments or suggestions, feel free to let us know.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Stayed just two nights. Hotel is located just off I-25 which is under renovation. The hotel is also under renovation starting with the fourth floor. Very noisy during the day from construction sounds but quiet after 6:00 pm. Friendly, courteous and helpful staff. Limited restaurants in the area which does not explain the nightly room price. Nothing to justify the nightly fee especially on weekends. Good continental breakfast. Small bathroom.
Surprised that I was charged a local, county and state tax on the pet fee. Most places we have stayed just adds the pet fee to the hotel charge and not tax the pet fee. Would not stay anywhere in Colorado Springs or Denver is charge taxes on pet fee. . Would also avoid the locations due to the crazy drivers and poor road.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Colorado Springs North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hello efeierabend1,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express And Suites Colorado Springs North and leaving your honest feedback.

I am sorry to learn that your stay was not as comfortable as it should have been due to renovations being made and you were disappointed in our area of value. All the issues you have raised are shared with hotel management for future improvements.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGSerive

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express on North Spruce Street was a haven to return to at the end of my busy crazy days. Housekeeping was kind of slow but to be honest the place was bustling. The front staff was excellent. Breakfast each day was busy but always plentiful hot and ready. Plan ahead. Nota bene: If you use the business station be sure to select the printer you need to use yourself. Do not rely on the already selected printer. Hope this saves you some time.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We have good luck staying at Holiday Inn hotels. We want no surprises. We were happy we were able to get in our room since we had been up early. We no more than got in our room when housekeeping supervisor was at our door (didnt know anyone was in this room) to check over our room. He showed us how to set our air conditioning. We couldn't get satellite TV to start up, we called desk & they were there quickly. I used the swimming pool which was really nice. Our continental breakfast was excellent. This Holiday Inn was clean & well staffed, just like we expect.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple