All reviews carl's jr room was clean front desk last minute trip would stay here again parking lot nice hotel sized bed biscuits and gravy the cheyenne mountain zoo breakfast bar hot tub great place to stay off the highway first floor indoor pool checking out
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

My room was clean and bed was comfortable. Plenty of pillows were available but blanket was far too thick and heavy. I was hot with it and cold without it.

The remote transferred a black substance onto my hands. That was really gross. I told the front desk person and she just looked at me. She didn't pretend to care. When the television is first turned on a Directv guide comes up that only says "scheduled programming" for each channel. I asked if there was something wrong with it and the same front desk person said she didn't know.

Breakfast was pretty good with eggs, sausage, bagels, donuts, fruit, yogurt and waffles. One day there were eggs but no meat.

The website led me to believe there were safes in the room but mine didn't have one.

I would stay here again but I would encourage management to work with staff on how to respond to problems and find out answers to questions rather than saying, "I don't know."

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We stayed 3 days to tour around Colorado Springs. Check in was easy & Jennifer was very helpful! Our room was clean (the door handle stuck a little but if we wiggled it just right it worked ok), the beds were "ok" (slightly uncomfortable for us, but we know everyone has their own taste in bed style), breakfast was good & attendants were always nice & keeping things well stocked! We loved that they had a laundry option -- and if you forget your laundry soap (me) you can buy some for only $1 from the front desk! The pool and hot tub area were just fine & kids enjoyed a dip in the pool after a long day hiking around. There are a handful of folks that "seem to be struggling in life" walking around the area (around the 7-11 and the hotel) but they never seemed to be a bother to us or anyone that I saw. Loved that it had a fridge & microwave. My only complaint would be the AC and fridge were a little noisy @ night and woke me up a couple times, but when we moved the fridge around a little it seemed to quiet it.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2016

The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. A/C worked well. We had requested a room with a short walking distance from lobby or elevator. (due to health issues) We were placed in a convenient location. Breakfast was good. Nicely located near highway, business district, and restaurants. It was a good choice of a place to stay on our way to our reunion.

Room tip: Reserved room more than 10 days in advance from Choice Hotels.com online. Made special requests which were met.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2016

This busy hotel provided a great base for Pikes Peak and other tourist attractions within the region. The staff were helpful and friendly and car parking was ideal. Within less than five minutes walking distance there was a choice of 5 eating establishments. The hotel was also motorcycle friendly we noticed, which is good. However, we would have liked to have been able to relax in an alcohol-serving bar.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Average hotel with decent rooms. Beds were comfortable and rooms were nice and clean-- AC worked very well. Front desk staff were very nice and welcoming. Breakfast not the greatest your average hotel breakfast. Would recommend staying here.

Trip type: Travelled with family