“Great value for what you pay”

Super 8 Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #75 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Birmingham, Michigan
“Great value for what you pay”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Stayed at Super 8 for “parents weekend” at the Air Force Academy. I have stayed at Super 8’s before and have always been satisfied with cleanliness and service.

I paid just over $60.00 for my room, this price included free breakfast.

The staff was wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and was well appointed for a hotel in this price range (complimentary coffee, comfortable beds).

When rating hotels I believe it to be fair to rate based on the value I received for my money, while the breakfast & hotel facilities were not Hilton standards (more so due to lack of variety than quality) I also didn’t pay Hilton prices.

The hotel was quiet, we were there on a weekend and no undesirable people were seen (loud teens, partiers etc-).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The room was very clean, everything looked fresh. Pillows not so nice, but adequate. Continental breakfest was not served early enough for our flight schedule so we had to do without breakfest that day. Snacks on the airline held us ok.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank djamtobias
Sierra Vista, AZ
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We had planned (me, my wife, and my 5 month old son) to stay at this hotel for a week while we visited family and attended my nephews graduation in Colorado Springs. The first thing we noticed was the slight stench of urine. We decided that we could put up with the smell for one night and promptly grabbed a scented candle from family members the next day to possibly remedy the smell. Upon burning the candle the next night, we only succeeded in making the room smell like lavender-scented urine.

Our room consisted of two queen beds, both of which were in poor condition. My bed had a cigarette burn in the blanket. The bathroom was fine at first glance until we noticed that the shower curtain was stained. Also, it was apparent that the previous guest had decided to bypass the toilet paper and use the wall as their own personal kleenex as there were multiple streaks of what seemed to be boogers on the wall.

My wife needed to have extra pillows since my son decided he did not want to sleep in his playpen (since the hotel did not have cribs to offer). When my wife reached the front desk she had noticed a younger girl was working the front desk while waving a group of "friends" into the back office for what sounded like a decent sized get-together.

The following morning, we headed for the hotel's "continental breakfast" which consisted of luke warm coffee and honey buns that had been removed from their packaging by the hotel staff in what I assume was an attempt to fooling their guests into believing they were homemade.

When we returned to our room to pack up for a daily excursion to my family's home, we noticed that there was some kind of pill on the floor near our bed. We thought that we were getting regular visits from housekeeping but apparently vacuuming was not in their repertoire. That was the final straw for us. We approached the front desk and reported the problems and concerns with our room. The staff was rude and claimed there was no manager available to answer any of our questions. Literally 2 minutes after we left the hotel, we received a phone call from the manager......from the hotel phone number! The told us they would have to contact the travel site to refund our money (which we still have not received) and that next time, if we booked directly through that particular hotel, we would receive 20% off. No thank you!

We should have listened when friends told us not to book at this hotel but the low prices lured us in. I will never stay at this chain again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank pino6000
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 March 2011

geart property, room has new bed, good emenities in the rooms.
great staff and very friendly. location is also great.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Hotel is in a good location,excellent condition. Staff very friendly especially front desk,
Ms. Garcia. She was very helpful and accommodating. Housekeeping is very clean and furnishing in good condition. I really had an excellent stay. Good value for my money

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple