“Cozy Spot for Lighter Faire”
Review of Shuga's Restaurant

Shuga's Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 1,574 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 13
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Established in 2001. Shuga's was created by Alexius Weston as a place to hang out with great food and really inventive cocktails. She had just come from the Northwest area of the country and wanted to create a cool space where she felt comfortable. Initially focusing on Vivace espresso as a delicious mainstay, the place soon morphed into serving amazing paninis, salads, and the out-of-this-world Brazilian Coconut Shrimp Soup. The infusion of Lavender Martinis and cocktails created with care helped launch Shuga's into the forefront of the local Colorado Springs food scene.
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Shugas is in the up-and-coming near southside neighborhood of Cascade. A great place for a wonderful soup and/or sandwich and a beer or wine. Menu selection is limited to lighter items, but you'll find something to love. The cuban sandwich transported me back to the real item in south Florida. A good selection of beers and wines, all at a reasonable price in a friendly tavern-like atmosphere. Great personal service. Would be a terrific place to meet friends for a cocktail or a little more.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

I probably wouldn't take my two little kids here, but it was fun for girls night! Great drinks and cool atmosphere. In sort of a weird neighborhood location but I like the uniqueness. Get dessert!

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Chill atmosphere..... great cocktail and beer selection. The Mac and cheese was my favorite thing on the menu. The Cuban sandwich was very good and the Greek salad was crisp and fresh!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Iv'e been bragging on this place for month's now and was able to talk my friends into meeting me here for a few drinks and a bite,Must say the service was below average!! The terrible knitting show up on the screen was much more important to the bartender and server than we were.With the bartender's back to us most of the time we went thirsty, and just felt totally unimportant.. After paying our bill I still left 20% being in the service industry as well I felt somewhat obligated, but after telling the bartender thank you and good bye he completly blew us off, I felt like taking his tip back, but didn't!! Completly disapointed in Shuga;s and the staff that seem to think well, that they are just too good for it's guests....

Reviewed 25 December 2016

I put Shuga's in one of my special classes of a dining experience. A unique blend of hip chic atmosphere, with an ultra friendly staff and topped off with incredibly good eats. Each in the own right worth a mention, but when all brought together, it makes for an amazing dining experience. To taste a little of the true variety of Colorado Springs, Shuga's is a must!