All reviews yogurt miniature golf course breakfast was standard fare lobby entrance room was clean sausage links maintenance guy hot tub overnight stay free laundry night clerk decent breakfast mountain view safe area easy access west side the north end
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I come to the Springs about twice a year for business and was pleased to discover this hotel. It is very well located just off of I-25 between Woodmen and Garden of the Gods, and easy to access. The price is great and the rooms are nice, and include a mini-fridge. While some parts of the hotel were under renovations while I was there, it was not disruptive and will no doubt result in an even nicer property once the pool/hot tub area is updated. But the BEST thing about the Comfort Inn North is the fantastic breakfast served every morning. They offer scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, sausages, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, toast, bagels, danishes, cereal, juice, tea, coffee and more -- so much that you can fill up for the day and not need to eat again until the evening. And it's all included in the room rate. The only suggestion I would make is to ask for a room on the west side so that you have a mountain view and do not hear the traffic from I-25. Otherwise, this is a great value hotel with much to commend.

Room Tip: Ask for a west side room facing the mountains. On the east side you can hear the traffic on I-25.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We received this room from Hotwire on 3/24/17. It is in an awkward location to start with, and lots of road construction. The staff was nice, and the breakfast was decent. The front desk said a pump went out so no hot tub or pool. Later I went down to look it was completely being remodeled. The room was very small, and stunk of sour mildew from water. Very dirty (carpets/walls/bathroom), and outdated. Don't stay here, as I won't ever again. Just my honest opinion to help others out.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Justin was a terrific deskclerk . He made staying at the hotel under renovation , a
pleasant experience . For railfans , ask for a room in the rear such as 311. Great
train viewing of the BNSF. Justin aided in being sure the business center was to
my satisfaction but computer was extremely slow.

Room Tip: Best railroad photography and viewing at the rear of the hotel .
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear Nannyqueen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a pleasant stay here in Colorado Springs. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Justin to help encourage him to keep up the good work.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

We recently stayed at the Comfort Suites. The first night we checked in late and we had to wait to find a person to check us in (no one was in the lobby area). We were not happy with the room. We wanted 2 beds but got a room with one bed and a pull-out sofa. The sofa was ripped and the wire coils could be felt in the mattress. Luckily, they switched us the next night and the 2 bed room configuration was much better! The breakfasts weren't elaborate but were a good way to start the day without having to go to a hotel. The stay was nice but the hotel could use some updating. Facilities were not in top shape.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Hello Patty J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff please allow me to apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We strive to accommodate every guest by giving the best possible service and quality stay that we are able. We have been undergoing quite a few updates this past winter and plan for even more starting this fall. I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with our 2 queen room the first night during your stay but am at least glad that we were able to amend this by getting you to one for your second night.

I will be sure to have my maintenance go through and double check to be sure that any issues with the couches are addressed and corrected.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

The room itself was comfortable. The breakfast is very good. And my favorite front desk person is the guy that works at night.
So, the place is getting remodeled. This didn't interfere with our stay in the least! However, the pool and hot tub need to be updated so bad...and cleaned! My husband and I had some downtime and thought the hot tub sounded good. Yikes! It is so bad that we weren't sure it was open. There was a maintenance guy standing out on the deck smoking a cigarette...in front of the no smoking sign!
The walls are pretty thin in the rooms. I could hear everything going on in the hallway and our neighbors. Also, we were on the 4th floor and the windows can open which I found unusual. The downside is that ours wouldn't close all of the way enough to lock. It didn't bother us really, but if we could have locked it, I think it would have cut some of the outside noise out.
The toilet is very loud! I saw another review say the same thing, and it is true!

Our room was very large. It was cleaned, and I really enjoy the fact that they have so many pillows on the bed! I also found 2 more pillows in a drawer. I do wish there had been an extra blanket in the closet.
Another nice thing is that there were plenty of plug ins near the nightstand. I always hate having to decide what you should unplug so you can charge your phone. Also, there are nifty reading lights attached to the lamp. I thought that was pretty neat!
The breakfast has a lot of options and was very good. Sausage, eggs, bagels or muffins, waffles, cereal...there are a lot of options.
The area is nice. It's close to some great restaurants and shopping!

I would probably stay here again, but only if it were a short stay or I wasn't planning on spending much time in the room.
Also, the pool and hot tub would need updated/cleaned.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Dear Nicolleyvette,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We take our reviews very seriously and I can assure you that we will be doing everything we can to address the issues that you brought up. We are planning before summer to have the pool area cleaned and resurfaced.

I will be sure to share the rest of this with my ownership and management so that we can solve the further problems that you brought up.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.