“Bland and Basic”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I'm not a fan of this restaurant, and the sad part, I live less than a mile from it. I really do wish the food was better. Their Won Ton soup is the worst I've ever had. I could take an hour and make a much better soup than that; it would definitely last long enough to serve fifteen to 20 people.
The fried rice is merely standard, and you could probably do yourself just fine by going to the King Soopers or Albertsons, each less than a mile away, and buying your own ingredients to make it.
I think their eggrolls are okay, but how hard is it to make those?
I had their beef with broccoli once, and will never have it again. The sweet n' Sour Chicken is usually more breaded for frying, than most. If you order take out from them, chances are that your going to get more pineapple, and bell pepper, than chicken in your containers. I stopped ordering from them, since they're way overpriced for the product they're serving. Save yourself some money and your taste buds.

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

On 10/31st, I went there to have dinner. I ordered chicken fried rice and the waitress offer the combination special with the meal with no additional cost. By the time I want to pay the Chinese Guy at the cashier gave me the bill. I saw the bill have been jack up from what the waitress told me. Without saying anything I left and I will not return again in this place.

1  Thank Amukagila
Reviewed 15 November 2016

We enjoy eating here, and the owners are very nice. The food can be a bit on the bland side, but always very fresh. I suspect that if you want it spicy, they will do it for you.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have loved our date night dinners at Shangri-la so we took our boys and they loved it too! The service is excellent and the food is really fabulous. We never ever have our water glass go empty. We are waited on like there are no others even though the restaurant was packed. We had a great dinner and lived our family time together.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

We recently met friends at this restaurant & had a delightful meal. It is difficult to find a place where the noise level permits you to carry on a conversation & the wait for dinner is not long. This neighborhood restaurant meets both criteria.

The establishment has been in business for many years & menu is traditional Chinese with a wide choice of entrees. We shared entrees & this family style is an easy way to explore different items. We even had items to take home.

Service was very good & we were not rushed. Servers were willing to explain how items were prepared.

This restaurant is a nice change from the chains.