“Excellent, Authentic Italian. Beautiful setting”

Ristorante Del Lago
Ranked #39 of 1,645 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Inspired by the finest culinary regions of Italy, Ristorante del Lago offers diners a unique and authentic Italian dining experience. In the morning, enjoy a variety of breakfast options from frittatas and pancakes, to a decidedly European breakfast buffet. For dinner, fragrant wood-fired pizzas are available, along with a selection of meats off the rotisserie and pasta dishes made fresh in-house. The aging room also boasts authentic salumi and formaggio imported straight from Italy. Our biscotti trolley features classics like Amaretti, Chocolate Biscotti and Italian shortbread cookies to conclude your meal.
Reviewed 5 February 2017

We went to Del Lago for a special occasion dinner and it certainly didn't disappoint. Located in the 5-star Broadmoor hotel, Del Lago is in a beautiful setting overlooking the lakes at the Broadmoor.

The food was simply outstanding. We shared the Antipasti Misti plate to start, athe chef's selection of excellent Italian meats and cheeses ($15). Next we shared the Campanelle Carbonara ($13) for our Primi Piatti course, not wanting to get too full for the rest of the meal. With the house-smoked pork and pecorino, it was simply heavenly.

For our main course, my wife selected the Porchetta (suckling pig with Fennel and Apple - $27) and I had the Roman Meatballs (with smoked ricotta and buckwheat polenta - $18), and a side of Fire Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. Everything was perfectly prepared and delicious.

For our desserts we had the Cannoli (stuffed with pistachio and orange filling - $9) and the Castagnole (warm donut holes with a lemon icing to dip in - $9). Our server described the Castagnole as "life changing"....I think she was right. Both desserts were simply outstanding.

The service was also excellent. Not "hovering" but always there when we needed something, which was never because they anticipated our needs perfectly. Water glasses were kept full, empty plates promptly removed and fresh silverware placed after each course.

If you are visiting the Broadmoor or live in the Colorado Springs area and want a great meal without breaking the bank, Ristorante Del Lago is an excellent choice.

1  Thank Tim C

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Wild Boar....fresh pasta made each day, great wait staff that is knowledgeable about everything that is on the menu. I could go on and on.... This place is the real deal when it comes to anything Italian. Outstanding in every way. Fresh, multiple choices that at great and the bar is wonderful.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Had breakfast here and it remained open until 11:00 am which meant you could sleep late. Great view of the lake (hence the name!!). You could order off the menu or one price buffet which was very reasonable considering the quantity of breakfast food available. Tables are close together so it invites conversations with your neighbors if you are so inclined. I believe the buffet cost was around $30.00 or so but very well worth it.

1  Thank Clive E
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Stayed a week over Christmas. Breakfast was great. Dinner was a different experience. Lasagna was small, appeared to be warmed up. It was dry and not very tasty. The bread was the best part of that meal. The service was ok but not exceptional. I was never offered a refill on my drink. Another evening they were very busy so I went to the bar and ordered a pizza and took it to my room. The service was good that evening and the pizza was average.

1  Thank luv2travel_us
Reviewed 15 January 2017

What can you say about the Broadmoor at Christmas? Magical describes it well. Booked this place for my December birthday. Staff greeted me by name, sat us by the window and made this a wonderful experience. The entres and appetizers were fabulous. We got a carafe of house wine to go with dinner and the quality was good. Dessert was complimentary but my husband ordered one as well since we couldn't make up our minds. Our server did a wonderful job of explaining the menu with no sales pitches or pressure. Dinner was leisurely and not rushed. Having lived in Europe, I appreciated that. So many American restaurants want quick table turnover. We love this place and will be back.