All reviews close to the airport waffles front desk sitting area nice hotel family stayed here walls are paper thin great view of pike's peak clean rooms hotel is located two queen beds hot breakfast very nice stay free breakfast room was large mini fridge would stay again
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Stay was very pleasant. I stayed for 5 nights. Room was nice and comfortable. Location was okay as a car is really needed to access restaurants as there is not much outside the hotel. Sprained my knee slipping on wet snow outside the hotel entrance (early April). Fell again on my way to my room on the slippery ceramic floors. Staff was helpful to assisting me to my room. Requested ice from the front desk and they promptly brought ice to my room. Very appreciative of that. Very good hot breakfast. Agree with other reviewers that the wifi was finicky to connect. Once connected, it worked okay.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2017

This property is right next to another Marriott and the parking lot is shared. There were not enough spots for both places. The property was nice enough. Clean rooms, nice staff. The wifi was slow. The pool was too cold. No hot tub. The breakfast had waffles one day only and we stayed 5 days. If you have the waffle maker just use it every day. I appreciated the laundry on site and was glad to go home with clean clothes packed.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank June B
Stephanie L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us at the SpringHill Suites in Colorado Springs. The waffles is a brand standard item that we offer on weekends! During the week, we offer more protein items and hot items vs. the waffle maker. I apologize the complimentary breakfast didn't exceed your expectations. We are very ecstatic to be offering a new refreshed breakfast starting on the 15th!
Please accept our apologies for the crowded parking spots. This is very unusual and I will work with our maintenance team to determine what took place!
Thanks again for the feedback. Our goal is to be the best and guest feedback it vital for us to get there!

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

My rating is clearly based upon the following. My son had shoulder surgery 2 days previous. Stayed at hotel (very accommodating) closer to hospital. Switched to this hotel due to being closer to base. Arrived at 11:30am seeking early checkin due to son feeling woozie from pain killers and requiring ice therapy on shoulder. Front desk said no can do, checkin is 3pm. Explained situation, but he would not budge. Tried to act accommodating by saying we could likely get in at 2pm. Said no rooms available at the time. Hmmm....parking lot had about 6 cars in it. I walked away not happy, but returned at 2 due to being locked in with third party reservation. He tried to be all apologetic when my son walked in with me. No matter the response the property may give to this post, I saw zero attempt to accommodate my son, and refuse to believe a room could not have been made available, so do not bother with an explaination. Had I booked direct, I would have demanded cancellation and went across the street to the Radisson. Property is clean and nice. Breakfast not bad. TV in room did not seem to accommodate plugging in computer via hdmi cable.

All said, I will stay across street at Radisson in future, where I have previously stayed and had a fantastic all around experience.

I will likely avoid Marriot properties in the future. But, to each his/her own.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Stephanie L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies we couldn't accommodate the early check in you requested. Normal check in it at 3pm and we do our best to accommodate all early check in requests. Due to a very large group checking out, we were unable to accommodate your request an earlier than 2pm due to multiple other early requests ahead of yours.
Again, we are truly sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and if you choose come back, please call us as soon as you know you need an early request and we will do our best to execute this request. Our number is 719-637-0800.
Have a wonderful day and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

A Springhill Suites property is always good, but when looking for places to stay, we ALWAYS look for these 3 things: Free parking, free breakfast, and free internet. The first and second at this property were good, as expected, but the free internet was real poor quality. There was no wifi in the guest rooms; you could connect for free via a plug in to your laptop computer. And it was very slow but you could upgrade for a small fee of $5 per day to a faster speed. For wifi, you had to go to the lobby for free wifi, but the connection and network were so unsecured that our devices would not even let us connect.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephanie L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your feedback! I am so sorry that you experienced slow internet. We did have an incredible wind storm that may have caused some issues to our WIFI. That being said, this issue should have been fixed the end of last week. I am so sorry this interrupted your stay. Thank you for brining this to our attention and thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Have an amazing day!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

There was a time when I was so proud to be a die-hard Marriott member. Since about 2011, there has been an obvious change in the culture of the company. Prices have increased, the ability to earn a free night is near impossible unless you travel for work and the company pays for it and even then, there are no longer just 1-5 Category hotels to choose from. It goes much higher and requires an insane number of points.

That being said, we finally had a free night to redeem and I chose this based on reviews and being the best option in Colorado Springs.

The hotel common areas were extremely hot, which reflects a poor stewardship of resources. (I'm not even a 'save the environment' disciple. It was just hot!)

The rooms do not have any USB ports for charging devices. (I can get those at any Choice Hotel)

As far as breakfast, there was no waffle option, which is almost standard issue for any hotel that offers breakfast. We all left very hungry.

There was a very shady truck parked in the check-in area the whole duration of our stay. It has Alaska plates and one window was covered with plastic and being held on with duct tape. (Great welcome image.)

There were no vending machines, so the only option was the little grocery area by Front Desk. $2.17 for a Pepsi and that was due to no other options like Dr. Pepper, etc..It was warm, as well.

Lastly, the rooms have the 'Silent Knight' fire alarms in them. Once we finally laid down to sleep, it sounded like a mouse was scratching in the ceiling. It was in fact a Silent Knight on the verge of shorting out. Constant crackle of electrical wires all night and there was no sleep to be had.

Even if we had mentioned it at 11PM, all they could have done was the usual offer to move rooms. Who wants to do that after being settled in and ready for bed?

I left the comment card with the Front Desk, so hopefully they passed it on to the GM. I have not given up on Marriott yet, but I sure hope they offer to reimburse our reward night.

Overall, it will do, but sure was not what it once was. Staff was nice, decent cleanliness, but odd location.

Room tip: 4th Floor, West-side. Mountain view.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SanJuanSummits
Stephanie L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review and the feedback. I am back in the office today and also received your comment card. Do you prefer this format for my response?
I am so sad that we didn't connect at during your recent stay with us to resolve any unhappiness or you wanting a refund of your points prior to check out.
You have given us excellent ideas to send along to Marriott to consider for our room as brand standard items. Please accept my sincere apologies that our complimentary full hot breakfast didn't exceed your expectations. You'll be happy to know that we do offer waffles as our weekend menu!
I look forward to hearing back from you so we can take care of you.
Again, I am so sorry that Marriott didn't exceed your expectations and your unhappiness with the rewards programs, free nights stays and how a guests redeems points.
Have a wonderful day and I look forward to talking very soon. My number is below.

Warm Regards,