“Convienent airport location”

SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 27 April 2017

This hotel is very convenient to the airport and the Air Force base. Not too many restaurants in close proximity but still a quality location. It's clean, safe, has good views, breakfast and friendly staff. We checked a fairly large group with no issues or hiccups.

Suggestion: request a room on 3rd or 4th floor with odd room numbers. They face the mountains. This will give you the best views out of your room window.

Room Tip: High floor room with odd room number for best view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Stephanie L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate your review and the team is ecstatic to read your review. We hope to serve you again the next time you're back in Colorado Springs. Have an amazing day and thank you for being loyal to Marriott. Have a wonderful day.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We were here about 4 years ago and decided to stay here again for 3 nights. We prefer the consistent quality of Marriott, and especially like the location of this one. We visited several places that we missed last time. However, as like last time, the location just off Highway 24 is so perfect for the attractions in Co Springs. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the price is reasonable and they serve breakfast. Breakfast was just okay; scrambled eggs & sausage. They also have all kinds of cereals, fruits, breads, etc. Coffee is pretty good. Fitness center is 3 cardio machines. Pool is small. The only thing wished that they had was a place to sit outside that was not a smoking area. And, one of these days, I hope that I get a room that faces the mountains.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RichFromOmaha
Stephanie L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! Please call me directly the next time after you book your reservation so I can personally assign you an amazing mountain view! Hint: "request odd room number" and this will help you get an amazing view! All odd room numbers have the best view of Pikes Peak!! It is mind boggling. I am happy we took excellent care of you and look forward to taking personal care of you next time you're back in Colorado Springs.
I agree on the outside smoking area. I will look into this!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Stay was very pleasant. I stayed for 5 nights. Room was nice and comfortable. Location was okay as a car is really needed to access restaurants as there is not much outside the hotel. Sprained my knee slipping on wet snow outside the hotel entrance (early April). Fell again on my way to my room on the slippery ceramic floors. Staff was helpful to assisting me to my room. Requested ice from the front desk and they promptly brought ice to my room. Very appreciative of that. Very good hot breakfast. Agree with other reviewers that the wifi was finicky to connect. Once connected, it worked okay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2017

This property is right next to another Marriott and the parking lot is shared. There were not enough spots for both places. The property was nice enough. Clean rooms, nice staff. The wifi was slow. The pool was too cold. No hot tub. The breakfast had waffles one day only and we stayed 5 days. If you have the waffle maker just use it every day. I appreciated the laundry on site and was glad to go home with clean clothes packed.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank June B
Stephanie L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us at the SpringHill Suites in Colorado Springs. The waffles is a brand standard item that we offer on weekends! During the week, we offer more protein items and hot items vs. the waffle maker. I apologize the complimentary breakfast didn't exceed your expectations. We are very ecstatic to be offering a new refreshed breakfast starting on the 15th!
Please accept our apologies for the crowded parking spots. This is very unusual and I will work with our maintenance team to determine what took place!
Thanks again for the feedback. Our goal is to be the best and guest feedback it vital for us to get there!

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

My rating is clearly based upon the following. My son had shoulder surgery 2 days previous. Stayed at hotel (very accommodating) closer to hospital. Switched to this hotel due to being closer to base. Arrived at 11:30am seeking early checkin due to son feeling woozie from pain killers and requiring ice therapy on shoulder. Front desk said no can do, checkin is 3pm. Explained situation, but he would not budge. Tried to act accommodating by saying we could likely get in at 2pm. Said no rooms available at the time. Hmmm....parking lot had about 6 cars in it. I walked away not happy, but returned at 2 due to being locked in with third party reservation. He tried to be all apologetic when my son walked in with me. No matter the response the property may give to this post, I saw zero attempt to accommodate my son, and refuse to believe a room could not have been made available, so do not bother with an explaination. Had I booked direct, I would have demanded cancellation and went across the street to the Radisson. Property is clean and nice. Breakfast not bad. TV in room did not seem to accommodate plugging in computer via hdmi cable.

All said, I will stay across street at Radisson in future, where I have previously stayed and had a fantastic all around experience.

I will likely avoid Marriot properties in the future. But, to each his/her own.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Stephanie L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies we couldn't accommodate the early check in you requested. Normal check in it at 3pm and we do our best to accommodate all early check in requests. Due to a very large group checking out, we were unable to accommodate your request an earlier than 2pm due to multiple other early requests ahead of yours.
Again, we are truly sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and if you choose come back, please call us as soon as you know you need an early request and we will do our best to execute this request. Our number is 719-637-0800.
Have a wonderful day and we appreciate your feedback.