“Good for a quick overnight”

SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South
Ranked #30 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 16 September 2015

We stayed here for a quick overnight before heading home after visiting family. The suite room was great for staying with our son, with the separate sleeping area. The view of the Rockies was beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
andy h, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Dear Dtwi11iams,

All of us at the SpringHill Suites cannot thank you enough for your kind words about your recent stay. We are also very are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suite for your family and the beautiful views of Pikes Peak. We are already looking forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 18 August 2015

I recently stayed at the Springhill Suites in Colorado Springs. The first night we were late due to travel delays. From the moment we walked through the door the front desk staff was very friendly, and welcoming. I stay at a lot of Marriott hotels, and the staff here are outstanding!!!.

I will definitely stay there again the next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountain.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2015

When I first booked our stay here I was a bit afraid that it was too far from all the "attractions" of Colorado Springs however, everything is withing a few minutes driving time. Check in was fast, and the front desk staff was friendly. We stayed on the 4th floor and the room was clean and spacious. The pool is a bit small (we traveled with a 3 year old) but she still enjoyed it. I can not say enough about the staff, everyone at this hotel was so friendly. Kudos to the management! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
andy h, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2015

Dear LoriMedina,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay at our SpringHill Suites and my staff and I are thrilled to hear that you had a nice stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly, award winning guest service and our spacious suites that are 25% larger than the average hotel room. Please come back and see us next time you are in Colorado Springs!

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

A real pleasure, traveling on business in the Colorado Spring area stay here. Best staff of any hotel I've ever stayed with. Really close to the Airport, minutes from Garden of the Gods, and some Colorado craft brewed beer. Look out the rabbits

Stayed: August 2015

Dear rstclair21,

We really appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our SpringHill Suites. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our award winning staff service and our great location that is close to many restaurants and attractions. We hope you were able to try some of the world class Colorado craft beer and hope you come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2015

I'll start by saying that I stay at Marriott properties 25-30 night per year for work, usually Residence Inn. We stayed here on a short 4-day weekend trip as the Residence Inn was booked. The check-in process was fairly smooth, although when I was asked how I'd be paying, and I answered "In cash," I was asked for a $250 cash 'damage deposit,' which I have never been asked for before in 30+ years of traveling. Seemed very amateurish for a Marriott property. I replied that I'd pay with the credit card that I'd reserved the room with, and magically the need for a 'damage deposit' went away. The staff was friendly and courteous, however, and I realize they were only following the policy of whoever owns the hotel.

The room was clean and well furnished, but the walls are INCREDIBLY thin, and we listened to our neighbor's snoring, telephone conversations and children playing during each of our three nights.

Finally, breakfast was poorly done, not so much the food (typical free hotel fare), but the design of the eating area, which has the food service area constrained behind a wall, separate from the dining area. This led to a huge traffic jam of people as everyone tried to maneuver in a space suited for 3-4 people at a time. Patrons come in from both ends of the serving line, and basically it was a disorganized free-for-all due to the small space and poor design. Two of the three morning we ate, we left after grabbing what we could on a quick first pass, instead of braving the line/scrum again.

Overall, a clean hotel with friendly staff, located 4-5 miles from the closest attractions and decent restaurants. Thin walls, poor breakfast service design, and a strange 'damage deposit' policy of you choose to pay in cash.
I still prefer/recommend Residence Inn.

Stayed: August 2015
4  Thank Kevin S
andy h, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Dear Kevin S,

I would like to thank you for the honest feedback regarding your recent stay at our SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South and for your continued loyalty to Marriott. We apologize for the confusion regarding our cash deposit protocol and I am glad you brought this concern to my attention. I would also like to apologize for the noise and breakfast issues you experienced during your stay. I hope you give us another chance to serve you the next time you are in Colorado Springs.