“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2016

We have been ordering take out and eating at this restaurant for over ten years. Silver Pond recently moved, and updated their menu. You can still order traditional dishes. The sesame chicken is my husband's favorite, and I tend to get tofu mixed vegetables every time. Our most recent trip, we tried ginger chicken and Singapore rice noodles and vegetables. Spicy, crisp, fresh, delicious. We think of Silver Pond as our neighborhood restaurant, but it is worth the trip if you don't live nearby.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Traveling in a group of five, our youngest member requested Chinese food. I was prepared for the usual over breaded food that tastes like it is at least a day old. Wow, was I wrong! Everything our group ordered was fresh and delicious. We had an appetizer of four different spring rolls and they disappeared in a hurry. Our entrees were lemon chicken (very little breading), Tso beef and lo mein. Everyone loved their entree and we all agreed that it was the best Chinese food we had ever eaten. The menu was also very long giving us plenty to choose from. Our waitress was a delight as well as being efficient and giving us menu advice. The owner came out twice to see if we were enjoying our meal and gave us almond cookies, even after we were given fortune cookies. I give this restaurant two thumbs up.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Lunch specials are pretty good deals, otherwise go to other restaurants.

Today, I went there for lunch hoping to re-order their lunch special sweet and sour fish, which I recall was really good. My previous experience ordering sweet and sour fish here was soggy, so this time I asked the waiter to place the sauce on the side. My boyfriend placed the order before I arrived and was told by the waiter, who barely speak English, that it would not be possible to do sauce on the side under lunch special. He agreed under the presumption it would be bigger, enough to share for the 2 of us, and free soup.

What we got was disappointingly the same size as the lunch portion. At the end, the bill arrived for $19.89, because the fish cost $14.95 + tax and soup $2.5+tax. I tried to talk it out to the lady, who I assumed is the owner, and she reluctantly agreed not to charge the soup.
She mentioned, technically we would be subject to $2.95 charge for sharing a dinner entree, which she waived, because we ordered soup. The final bill comes to 16.58 after tax and FYI, you could get a buffet for 2 with the same bill.

If you are not a buffet person, I'd suggest going to a different Chinese restaurant in town and avoid Silver Pond. As they say, one bad experience ruins many great ones. We highly likely won't ever come back and we know why many others won't either.

2  Thank bthereviewer
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

We enjoy Silver Pond. We had one experience back at the oroginal location that wasn't that great, but we have been back a number of times yo the new location at Dublin and Academy and is been great every time. Good service and good food!

Reviewed 15 March 2016

My family took me here for my Birthday Party on Sunday. My daughter planned ahead and ordered the Peking Duck. and we all ordered other dishes besides. Jenny served the Duck in individual burrito-like rollups with scallions, slivered cucumbers, and a delicious sauce. Very good, beautifully displayed. We had mounds of food.
We enjoyed this in a separate party dinning room and laughed and joked for probably 2 hours or more and was never rushed. I Loved this!! and they have great plum wine too!