“Love the new location”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

We enjoy Silver Pond. We had one experience back at the oroginal location that wasn't that great, but we have been back a number of times yo the new location at Dublin and Academy and is been great every time. Good service and good food!

Reviewed 15 March 2016

My family took me here for my Birthday Party on Sunday. My daughter planned ahead and ordered the Peking Duck. and we all ordered other dishes besides. Jenny served the Duck in individual burrito-like rollups with scallions, slivered cucumbers, and a delicious sauce. Very good, beautifully displayed. We had mounds of food.
We enjoyed this in a separate party dinning room and laughed and joked for probably 2 hours or more and was never rushed. I Loved this!! and they have great plum wine too!

Reviewed 2 March 2016

I recently revisited Silver Pond for takeout. As stated previously this is a relatively new location, on the corner of Academy & Dublin where the China Restaurant was located. I ordered appetizers of Egg Rolls (4), Pork Fried Rice, Spare Ribs (4) and an entree of Sesame Chicken and bill was $40.00. With that I received no soy sauce, no Chinese mustard and no Napkins. The vegetable egg rolls were very small and somewhat dry but the other choices were very good. Silver Pond has had time to work out the kinks but still not up to the standards at their past location considering they are charging top dollar prices. In my opinion they still need improvement.

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

So I've heard and seen good things about Silver Pond but didn't really expect it to be that much better than any of the other Chinese restaurants around town. I had a coupon for $10 off $40! Those of you that read any of my reviews here on Trip Advisor, know I don't go anywhere without
them. I love my Entertainment book!

When we arrived, we pretty much had the entire place to ourselves because it was only 4PM. We weren't greeted immediately but when they realized we were there waiting to be seated, they apologized profusely.

We were then seated and the server came by to take our drink orders. The menu was huge and it was hard to decide! Finally, we decided after the 3rd time she came to see if we were ready to order.

I really can't remember what my husband ordered because what I ordered was so amazing! He had the Mongolian pork, and my daughter got plain lo mien. We ordered Crab Rangoon to start. Now what I ordered???!!! It was On the specialties menu, Coconut shrimp with walnuts, almonds and cashews!!! It looked pretty when it came to the table. It even came with a side of watermelon cubes (my daughter ate them). I was thinking to myself there is no way it will taste as good at it looks! When I took a taste I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I wish I had taken a picture of this dish. I guess I couldn't put my chopsticks down! The sauce with the shrimp, mixed nuts and some carrots was just magic in my mouth. I was devouring it as slowly as I could because I didn't want it to end.

Our check was over $50 without the coupon, but even if I had to pay without the discount, I wouldn't have thought twice about how much we spent. That doesn't happen very often.

Do yourself a favor, if you want a higher end Chinese restaurant definitely check out Silver Pond! The service is great, ambience/decor is amazing, and the food is worth every penny!

PS. They are open on Holidays if you want a change of pace!

Reviewed 8 December 2015

As far as Chinese food goes, this was one of the worst tasting & presentation I have ever encountered. Came here based on the name and reputation - what a disappointment. Tasteless, flavorless high priced dish of salty goo!